New KOTOR thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New KOTOR thread

It's installed. Should I be good ( ) or evil ( )?

The fate of the universe lies in the hands of the Other Games regulars.

I have yet to play , so I can only tell you that I greatly enjoyed playing through the game . It barely missed my Top 10 ballot in the other thread.

I plan on playing in the not-too-distant future.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I'm thinking I'll go with a male light side scout, with whatever the jedi version is of that.

Then if I like it the game should be replayable as a dark side warrior female.

Comment

No! Play with evil side! It is much.much, much, much,much, much, much, much, much more fun!

SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Even if I replay as evil I'm not going to just kill people indiscriminately..........the fall to the dark side should be from accumulated difficult choices, not pure evil. I hope it works like that but right from the word go their are obvious 'look out for yourself and screw your promises' options.

Comment

I'm thinking I'll go with a male light side scout, with whatever the jedi version is of that.
            Your character class choice in the beginning doesn't affect your jedi class selection, one can become any jedi from any class.

Even if I replay as evil I'm not going to just kill people indiscriminately.........
            Good idea. I tried to replay as an evil by being a complete ****, but it just didn't appeal to me. So I'll try to bring the dark side in a bit more tastefully. Unfortunately the game sometimes lacks the "stylishly evil" option, there are only "obnoxiously righteous" and "disgustingly malign".
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Well I played a bit tonight, though I am an RPG noob so I was just accepting the recommended skill point allocation when I levelled

I've just reached the lower level on Taris.......I am not being obnoxiously righteous so far. My character tries to stay out of fights, including other people's fights if he can't see any advantage in them. He is, however, generally good.

I am not sure what not protecting the uniform guy and the guy that owed the crime boss money does to my dark/light side ranking.

Comment

You will see "Light Side Points" or "Dark Side Points" when your status changes. Comes up in the same box as XP and whatnot after a relevant action.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

For me, playing as a bad character is unbearable. The nice thing about KOTOR is that it's actually fun to talk your way out of situations.

Comment

Evil is more fun, but good is harder. It depends on if like fun, or a challenge. That isn't to say though, that evil doesn't harbor its own challenges.
                    Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                    Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Light side generally feels better.

But there is one evil deed I was thoroughly impressed with. I'll try not to spoil it. But it involves the NPC Mission on the world at the end by the Star Forge. Truelly one of the most despicable acts I have ever done in a game . I felt truelly nasty doing that one.

Plus the clothing for dark side looks too cool. I should have taken a screen shot of me in my Darth Revan robes with some dark sunglasses on (I can't remember what type of visor it was) standing over the dead body of Darth Malak. I just looked too cool.

But the light side is generally more satisfying to play with regards to moral choices you make. You don't feel as much like a slimeball.

Comment

As for being evil. You don't have to be truelly despicable (although I was my second time through the game). You can opt to just do things for money. Demand money for everything you do. More of a mercenary type. That's what I'm doing in my current NWN game. I don't want to just go through threatening to kill everyone for no reason.

Comment

Has anyone else checked out the downloadable content on Xbox? It's been out for a few weeks now and it's pretty cool, though some of the stuff is overpowered.
                          "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Ah, so those early decisions didn't lose me any light side points.

I hear you on the mercenary point btw, that sounds much better than just killing all for no reason.

However, if I'm playing as a good but not angelic guy this time a bad but not awful guy (or gal) might be too close. Hmm, I'll think about it.

Comment

Can I just ask.........what's the link between the Jedi Class and your type. I assumed you'd get an advantage from picking the Jedi class that gels with your type, but reading online today it implies not. What's the deal?

Comment

Working...
                              X