Mornington Crescent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornington Crescent

This is another new variant... the +1 version.

Golders Green.
    Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Could somebody please explain what the game is about?
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Ha I got you to move it!
      Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
      Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

I think they try to predict where the trains are going to go in London or something. Either that, or they may be trying to predict where new train stations will be constructed. I'm not completetly sure myself.

Comment

Actually, while I was posting in the off-topic forum, I found monolith's original Mornington Crescent paper that I think began this whole string of threads.(wouldn't that make it like a rope, or a quilt or something?)
          here is a website about the game

Comment

I f you look it up on google, i think the 2nd or third result gives a very good description of its result, and its history too. Quite concise, but informative.

Comment

I'm particullarly partial to the game on the first Google results, although it does use a very limited ruleset... clockwise circle line wild indeed!

The correct responce to Golders Green has always been Epping.
              Play hangman.

Comment

For sheer amusement value, I will start on Cockfosters.
                Although due to the nesbit potential of the line, this start certainly has potentail as shown in moves such as the south turnpike maneuver which won the late Sir John Farthingworth his first championship match in 1746.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Cockfosters eh ?- somewhat out of favour since the Fforbes gambit opened it up but i thought but i'd follow with Hammersmith.

Comment

Well, Vauxhall is a good, solid start, though the Victoria Line is often overviewed by some people's desire to play the circle line.

Comment

I have no idea what I'm doing, so I'll go with the flow on this.

Stanmore

Comment

Stanmore ? oh dear oh dear

That leaves Gunnersbury wide open.

Comment

Uxbridge yeah, that's right. Time for some trash talking. What's hood, *****?
                          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

How appropriate that Stanmore is the line going to Waterloo. Still, this game should be a learning experience for Zop.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Could one of your morons, please post the map.

Oh, and Wimbledon for a Triple Travis Nisbit of the 1945 World Championships.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                              X