IWS XXXV - Salmon of Stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IWS XXXV - Salmon of Stupid

All answers are allowed. However, scoring is not based on what the "correct" answer is . It is based on how many other participants choose the same answer. So, for example, if I ask what fruit is the greatest, and 17 people say "banana," each person who answered "banana" will get 17 points for that question. If someone says "mango," and they're the only one, they will get 1 point for that question.

However, the answer doesn't have to even fit the criteria. If two people answer "42" when asked what fruit is the greatest, they will still get two points for that question.

Your individual score will be the total of your scores for all questions.

In this installment, we will all finish Douglas Adams' posthumously published Salmon of Doubt manuscript. It is a depressingly incomplete sequel to the divine Dirk Gently's Holistic Agency and The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul books.

0) How did Dave rescue himself from the hang-glider?

1) Where is the other half of Gusty Winds may exist?

2) Who is Dirk's employer?

3) Are you most excited about the giant Space Salmon, the talking kangaroos, or the comet.

4) What is the one tiny little carjacking lie?

5) What is bigger and nastier than Desmond?

6) How do you feel about Albuquerque?

7) Gusty Winds May Exist?

8) Is Richard Dawkins sexy?

9) Did the butler do it?

A) Minute of silence.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

I only recently started Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, and while the plot is not really the thing in Douglas Adams novels, there's no way in heck that I'm reading the above questions.

Oy. The only spoiler is that
    Spoiler:
    Dirk is still alive in the third book
    . Seriously, people, the whole point was to finish the third book. Having read it would not have improved your score. None of these things are actually explained in it.

Answers

0) How did Dave rescue himself from the hang-glider?

1 Jumped
    1 He hung himself with glider

1) Where is the other half of Gusty Winds may exist?

1 Finland
    1 In the other half

2) Who is Dirk's employer?

1 George Bush
    1 Dick

3) Are you most excited about the giant Space Salmon, the talking kangaroos, or the comet.

1 Kangaroos
    1 the salmon

4) What is the one tiny little carjacking lie?

1 The false one
    1 zylka

5) What is bigger and nastier than Desmond?

1 Desmond's brother
    1 fez

6) How do you feel about Albuquerque?

1 I like it
    1 bad

7) Gusty Winds May Exist?

1 Yes
    1 possibly

8) Is Richard Dawkins sexy?

1 No
    1 yes

9) Did the butler do it?

2 Yes

A) Minute of silence.

Scores

11 Boshko

12 Oncle Boris

Oncle Boris is the winner. Congratulations, comrade. Peace and long life to you.

Comment

What a great round.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

hmmm didnt get many palyers tihs time., perhaps you need to patient and wait longer !!!!
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

That is the shortest game of IWS I've ever seen.
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

another example of the offtopic people not palying games in here properly ....

Comment

The whole thing was based off a book...
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

yes the questions were, and i was interested in answering them.

however appears with the quicknes sof the game that he jsut had no clue as to how to run a game here !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                  The whole thing was based off a book...

Yes, an book that wasn't finished at the moment the author died. None of these things were resolved in it and I wanted you mortals to write me an ending.

Lousy unimaginative clods.

Comment

yes my fav author too......

i wanted to play but you closed too early ....

Comment

No one said you had to listen to Oncle Boris. In fact I think you're the 1st.

Comment

did onlce boris tel lhim to close the game ?

Comment

i think fakeboris complained about it too much

Comment

damn boris @!!!! might have been must fun iws game yet...

Comment

What? I didn't see this one even. Is this the response to the complaints about OT related questions, because these ones are great.

-Jam
                              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Working...
                              X