Help picking an RPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Skanky Burns
    But if you play an RPG/FPS combo game, you can level up in two skills at the same time.
    for ingenuity and lateral thinking.
    There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

• Originally posted by Heavy and Happy
      Ok, maybe the fact that I'm also a huge 1st person shooter fanatic made it easier for me adapt to the twitchy combat. I admit that sometimes the action would get so frenetic that I lost control of my character and spun around like a drunk iceskater. But I still maintain my stance that it's the best RPG since Ultima7. My opinion is always right when it comes to RPG's and 1st person shooters.
      Ultima 7?

Compared to the earlier Ultimas, it sucked.

Ultima Underworld was much more interesting.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Skanky Burns
        But if you play an RPG/FPS combo game, you can level up in two skills at the same time.
        Ah, but it takes at least twice as long.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski

Ultima 7?

Compared to the earlier Ultimas, it sucked.

Ultima Underworld was much more interesting.

ACK!
          HERETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah well taste is subjective up to a certain point. That point is decided by me, the oracle of RPG gaming. Ultima Underworld was great too. Too bad the ****ing thing won't work in XP. Dosbox is ****.

Comment

• Many thanks Qilue.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• This guy is probably a DL...

/me sighs *

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• "I'm in the mood for dancing.... romancing...."

He does seem a tad truculent.
                Although this maybe shot out of the water as nepotistic (or near as damn it), I'd much rather go with your recommendations (and your vast experience of pen and paper RPGs) than with those of someone who welcomes a bit of action in the game, but then claims that this makes for the best RPG they've ever played.

Comment

Working...
                X