Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Civ 3 is lower than Civ 2?

What the hell is wrong with you people?
    - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
    - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
    - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

hmmm, it might have made a bigger impact on people then civ3 did (after having played civ 2 for years )
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Yeah, I fondly remember playing civ II for hours when I was younger. I like civ III but it just didn't make the same impact on me.
        cIV list: cheats
        Now watch this drive!

Comment

1. Master of Orion
          2. MULE
          3. Pirates
          4. TV Sports Basketball
          5. Red Storm Rising
          6. Civ 3
          7. KOTOR
          8. TV Sports Boxing
          9. Seven Cities of Gold
          10. Stars!
          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

1.) Final Fantasy III

2.) Wolfenstein 3D

3.) Civilization

4.) Mario Bros.

5.) X-Wing

6.) Tomb Raider

7.) Morrowind

8.) Super Metroid

9.) Star Wars Rebellion

10.) ZORK

Comment

Of course it is! Civ3 is an abomination, and the reason that the Civ series isn't the best ever. Civ 2 is a great game. Remember playing it for hours. I probably played that game more than any other, but, of course, doesn't mean it is the best.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by The Templar

What the hell is wrong with you people?
                Civ3 is really only popular in the Civ3 forums.
                Venture outside of there and it is despised
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Indeed, Tassadar, indeed!
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Its not despised, just kind of a side dish you didn't order. You know that feeling?

-Jam
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Sorry Jamski, but this is more like getting a main dish you didn't order.
                      And that main dish was sauerkraut
                      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

(in no particular order) List of people for Space to impale on large rusty iron poles for blashpemy:

alva
                        Rasputin
                        vmxa1
                        The Templar (twice)(and burn out eyes)
                        Spaced Cowboy

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
                          (in no particular order) List of people for Space to impale on large rusty iron poles for blashpemy:

alva
                          Rasputin
                          vmxa1
                          Spaced Cowboy

I take the offense is picking CivIII or CivII? Civ II was #2 on my list for years, but I see no reason to play it anymore. I went with games I still play.

Many of those games are older than CivII, but I still play them.
                          Now if the list was for games that I spent the most time playing, it would be on the list.

So maybe a mild rebuke is more just than impalement.

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
                            Folowing your logic, then SimCity 4 Deluxe is also a game of it's own, since it's a standalone...
                            Not really. SimCity 4 Deluxe, actually states on the box that it is the original game plus the expansion in one convenient package. So you still need the original game to play it - it just happens to also provide that game for you.

Regarding ToT:
                            but it was a stand alone game... not jsut an expansion pack..

I must confess here to not actually knowing much about ToT, other than my thinking that it was an expansion. It was just the only expansion pack I could think of at the time. I'll change the example when I finish the current updates, and of course take back any objections to ToT being voted for.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

1. Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (PC)
                              2. Warcraft III (PC)
                              3. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (XBOX)
                              4. Super Mario Bros 3 (NES)
                              5. Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
                              6. Super Dodge Ball (NES)
                              7. Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
                              8. Pirates Gold! (GENESIS)
                              9. General Chaos (GENESIS)
                              10. GTA: Vice City (PS2)
                              Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                              Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                              *****Citizen of the Hive****
                              "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us

Was it that you don't like borders or just couldn't figure out how to use the revised aircraft system?
                                - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                                - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                                - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Working...
                                X