No announcement yet.

HTML 'poly 5-a-side football THE GAME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, you get in a Handmelon draft system, whereby the most cringe-inducingly awful team get the new gods of the game, the mid-table mediocrity-mongers get more of the same, and the wolrd champions get two Long John Silvers.

Also, Jamski - I don't know what style of footie you're familiar with, but it seems a little too much like the Leeds United side of the 70s (also Everton side of today), and a little too far from today's Arsenal team, that the centre forwards have no reliance on skill whatsoever. The defenders should use strength and speec, the midfielders strength and skill, and the forwards speed and skill, and not the way you have it.
    Catenaccio is all very well, but if you're slickly passing the ball to Drunken Ferguson then it's not that worthwhile.

Comment

• Gah

Whoever missed out on getting "skill", I knew someone would complain

We can decide this democratically, if you like. Strength, Speed and Skill are just labels anyway, so I'm happy to swop them about.

And this is from a "Hoof it up to Shearer, man" Newcastle supporter

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• First casting aspersions about the beauteous duchess o' york, and then, even worse (!), casting aspersions about my team. You're on thin ice young laddie!

We don't hoof the ball up to Shearer. Oh, except when the ball is anywhere near our rubbish defence, in which case it makes good sense to have the ball as far away from the goal as possible!

I was only suggesting that there are more links between midfielders and strikers and between midfielders and defenders than between strikers and defenders. That was how I thought that the stats should relate to one another.

Comment

• Well, like I said, we can swop the names of the stats about. I was going to call skill "passing" in which case it wouldn't be such an issue

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• are we making this too complicated for a simple forum game
            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• There's no such thing as too complicated, only posters that are unable to keep up.

Comment

• If posters can't keep up then they don't play.
                If posters don't play, then it gets quite boring having only one person playing a forum game.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• So, should we have some kind of test game, or go straight for a sign-up thread.

Or is everyone waiting to see what the "wildcard" secret tactics will do?

-Jam

Comment

• I am kinda curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                      If posters can't keep up then they don't play.
                      If posters don't play, then it gets quite boring having only one person playing a forum game.
                      Hmmmmm....

* alva opens a new thread to play freecell *

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Actually that's a great idea! We can post numbers so people play games in the same order, and see who can go longest without screwing up.

Comment

• Freecell!?!?!

Its international day of insanity on 'poly today

-Jam

Comment

• Jamski, it's your turn. We're playing game 12386, and I have just moved the jack of spades onto the queen of diamonds.

(rather alarmingly, this would actually work. So let's stop thinking about it! )

I don't understand the direction that footy has gone in recently, but I'm just going to wait until the sign-up thread with the rules comes out, and then read 'em. But I reserve the right to call my team Newcastle United!

Comment

• (rather alarmingly, this would actually work. So let's stop thinking about it! )

Think of the PC. ;..

Of course Jam and Doc already were...tsktsktsk
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york
                                Jamski, it's your turn. We're playing game 12386, and I have just moved the jack of spades onto the queen of diamonds.

(rather alarmingly, this would actually work. So let's stop thinking about it! )
                                I don't mean we take it in turns, I mean we all play the same game. People drop out as they screw up.

Comment

Working...
                                X