No announcement yet.

HTML 'poly 5-a-side football THE GAME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bull****. I sent our orders on March 19.
    Ok, for 2 days or so, but waiting on Red Team for at least a week. I stand corrected

So... what are the options for 5-a-side Beta?

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• I think that, with the current field situation, the Red team should at least try to score. We can keep the game going, while discussing new ideas.

Comment

• How about if each team is controlled ONLY by one player, but with more teams? We could run a league, over a period of time.

I'm trying to think of a more interesting, deterministic, simple, stat-related way of running each turn...

There's something cooking under the surface...

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• That could be cool, if you wouldn't mind referee-ing all those matches.

Comment

• I'm thinking of something a bit like Gladiator... the rules are simple, the stratagy is deep, and the results are easy to calculate...

Some kind of system where players pick
            • 5 players with names and stats (skill, speed, strength)
            • A team formation
            • The team's basic passing tactics (long, short, close)
            • The team's basic shooting tactics (long, short, close)
            • The team's basic marking tactics (zonal, free, man-to-man)
            • The teams basic tackling tactics (hard, soft, interception)

These would have scissor/paper/rock effects on the performance of the team's passing, defense and attack, which would then be compared to get the result of the first half. Then the teams would play again for the second half...

Needs some work...

-Jam

Comment

• Hmm I like this, and we could make it like the original Gladiator, with different players GM'ing different matches.

Comment

• Or one person could do them all, either way.

I need to think about the system a bit. I want to have a few more options than Gladiator, and possibly we could even swop players...

-Jam

Comment

• Transfers!

That would be great fun. Though I reckon most of the people here would drive pretty hard bargains.

Comment

• I tried to tell you one GM per team days ago.

Anyhow, this will probably be a good one, but I suggest that you keep it to 2-3 man teams, with an assumed goalie that cannot move from his square, that is, you'll have to beat the goalie if you get into scoring position.

You might want to consider X amount of points to be distributed amongst all players, so that you can make superstars and run-o'-the-mill players instead of every player with X points.

Also, best to test this with two very forum active players before starting a real championship.
                    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• I have the perfect rules idea, developed from Duke's, Doc's, Spaced's suggestions mostly, and hung on a Gladiator framework.

It came to me fully formed as I washed up.

Give me 15 minutes to type it all out.

-Jam

Comment

• Volunteering Spaced?

'Cos I aint.

Comment

• Uh, actually, I was think about someone who knows more about soccer than I (AKA stupid Americans)
                          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Apolyton Football Rules Beta

Part One : Object of the game

The object of the game is to manage a 5-a-side football squad to ultimate victory in the Apolyton football championships. Each player is the manager of one team, and must choose the 5 players and tactics for each match. Orders are then sent by PM to the GM, who uses the deterministic rules to obtain the score line.

Part Two : Buying your team
                            • Each team has 5 players on the pitch at any time.
                            • A team can have any number of players in the squad.
                            • Each player has 3 basic stats, Skill(Sk), Speed(Sp) and Strength(Str)
                            • Each player also has a level of Fitness(Fit) - similar to hit points, a player who's fitness is zero is injured and cannot play.
                            • No basic stat can be more than 5 when buying your team.
                            • Each stat increase above the basic level of 1 costs $1,000,000
                            • Each player starts with a bank of $50,000,000
                            • A player may have any number of 1-1-1 (1) players in the squad for free.

An example of a squad :

Code:
                            Apolyton United

Name		Sk Sp Str  Fitness
                            Doc		4  4  2      4
                            Spaced		3  2  3      3
                            Skanky		2  2  5      3
                            Zopperoni	1  3  1      3
                            Jamski (c)	5  4  3      5
                            Frozzy		2  4  1      1
                            Duke		2  1  4      1

Part Three : Setting up the team

Each player can play in one of 3 positions. A goalkeeper is not part of the system (either assume he's there, or not, as you wish). The different positions call upon different player-stats :

Code:
                            Defense		Skill + Strength
                            Midfield	Skill + Speed
                            Attack		Speed + Strength
                            A perfect attacker in peak condition would be 5-0-5 (5), for example.

Depending on your formation (see "Tactics", below) choose the best players for each position.

Tactics

Formations:
                            The five players on your team may be spread on the field as you wish. 3 attackers, 1 midfield, 1 defender, or 1 upfront, 2 in the middle and 2 at the back? Any combination is possible. Its allowed to play 0 players in attack, midfield or defense as you wish.

Passing and tackling:
                            Passing is either long, short or close. Tackling is either hard, intercept or mixed. The combinations of the two are below:

Code:
                            Your		Opponents	Your
                            Passing		Tackling	Result

Long		Hard		+10 Attack
                            Long		Soft		No effect
                            Long		Intercept	-10 Attack
                            Short		Hard		No effect
                            Short		Soft		-10 Defense
                            Short		Intercept	+10 Defense
                            Close		Hard		-10 Midfield
                            Close		Soft		+10 Midfield
                            Close		Intercept	No effect

Part Four : Playing the match

Each team has 100 points (like Gladiator) to split between Attacking, Defending and Possession. Each half has 3 "rounds" between which the points must be shared. For example :

Code:
                            Attack	Defense	Possession
                            20	20	6
                            10	10	24
                            0	10	0

The player's stats affect this thus :

Code:
                            Total Attacking = All Strikers' Sp + All Strikers' Str + Points put in Attack.

Total Defending = All Defenders' Sk + All Defenders' Str + Points put in Defense

Total Possession = All Midfielders' Sk + All Midfielders' Sp + Points put in Possession.
                            The scores are compared. The team with the highest Possession gets the ball. They are the "attacker" for this half (or quarter or whatever)

If the "attacker's" Total Attack beats the "defender's" Total Defense, then a goal is scored. If its equal or more than double the defense, 2 goals are scored, and so on for three times greater, four times greater etc...

If the "attacker's" Total Attack is half or less of the "defender's" Total Defense, then a goal is scored against the attacker on the counter attack.

Part 5 : Special Tactics

Before each match each player can select one "Special Tactic" to be played in the first or second half of the game. There is some risk involved in all of them, but the players are not oblicged to employ them.

Part 6 : The Big Picture

Fitness :

If a player has 0 Fitness then he cannot play in that match. Fitness is regained at one point per missed half. Each half played in decreases a player's fitness by 1.

Fixing the team :

Each player gets an income of $1,000,000 per match to spend on training, buying new players, sending injured players to hospital etc. Costs are the same as when buying the team in part 2 above.

Winning the Championship :

The championship will probably be some combination of a round-robin group stage, followed by semifinals and finals.

So... What do people think? Its Gladiators on steroids, eh?

-Jam
                            Last edited by Jamski; March 23, 2004, 13:26.

Comment

• Me likey!

Comment

• You likey? Great! Its basically the redux rules you made for Gladiator, with some more options.

Do you think orders should be sent for each half TOGETHER, like the current Gladiator rules, where each poster sends 3 rounds totalling 100?

I think that would make sense, 3 rounds of 15 minutes sent together, then half time, when you can change the tactics, players, formation, passing, etc, then another 3 rounds sent together.

JUST like the Gladiator prelim rounds.

-Jam

Comment

Working...
                                X