No announcement yet.

HTML 'poly 5-a-side football THE GAME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its up to the captians and players what they want to do, when to introduce new rules etc. I'm happy to just do the calculations and post the pitches. Just remember the 20,000 character limit for HTML, so the pitch can't get much bigger and stay in colour.

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• I'll agree to whatever. However I'm not sure this game can work in it's present form no matter what the rules. I don't know how Zopperoni is faring but my team seem disinterested.

Comment

• You have Frozzy and Spaced, right?

Frozzy seems to be buried in schoolwork, and Spaced plays golf at the weekends, so that could be the problem.

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• It does seem that the game drags on too long without something really happening, and the current format could just as well be played with two people instead of ten.

Comment

• Yes the game needs a better way to involve 10 players.

Comment

• Yeah, I don't feel like an individual with Doc giving the orders. No offense, Doc.

Maybe it is better with one person in charge of the team, just like the American football game that me and Zop are playing. That has made more headway in one day than this one has made since inception.
              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
                Yeah, I don't feel like an individual with Doc giving the orders. No offense, Doc.
                None taken. People were sending orders at the start, but they didn't gel, so I changed some of them. Then players don't feel like they want to send orders if they'll get changed, which leaves me just doing them. The game needs to give more power to the players somehow IMO.

Comment

• Individual orders, perhaps? (i.e. you send in orders yourself, not to the captain)

Comment

• I thought the idea of the captians was to just collect the orders, not dictate them. I'd be happy if the captain was just looking at his teams orders, deciding what was the best move for himself to make, and sending them on.

I don't think the captians should be bossing the teams really.

-Jam

Comment

• I don't the captains are bossing, but since they have more info they are in a better place to make a call on what to do.

All the suggestions made so far by made more then enough sence to me to try and change them or question them.

However, I do agree with Frozzy on this. I think the less orgnised this game is the more fun it will be..
                      just my 0.00001 cent
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski
                        I thought the idea of the captians was to just collect the orders, not dictate them. I'd be happy if the captain was just looking at his teams orders, deciding what was the best move for himself to make, and sending them on.

I don't think the captians should be bossing the teams really.

-Jam
                        Yeah but players have suggested roles for themselves sometimes, which will never work. So the only other option is for them to send a plan for the team, as some players did at the start. But then of course only one plan can be chosen, and seemingly over time no team members bother sending any thoughts. I'm not bossing so much as having no thoughts to draw upon.

Comment

• sorry for my absence been a bit busy...

i happy with doc choosing best plan , and i usually send him my thoguhts to think about
                          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Well, we can dump captains all together and just have people send the orders to me.

There's nothing stopping a team confering, its a matter of choice then.

-Jam

Comment

• The game is missing a scissors paper rock element to it.
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• I think Jamski tried to implement that.
                                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                                X