Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spartan (empire-building game) goes gold!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartan (empire-building game) goes gold!

Check out http://www.slitherine.co.uk/. HAs anyone got or tried any of the games mentioned on the site?
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Legion is a fun game but very basic in the combat mode.

Still I enjoyed playing it and think I will try this title. There looks to be an improvement in combat here with this title which can only be a good thing.

It was quite tricky with Legion to have a large force at arms without constantly keeping the economy in check, which I liked, and when units stayed at home things were easier by far.
    A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

i think caesar three rules
      Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
      Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

"Emperor of the middle country" (?) is better (the latest Caesar III clone)
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Slitherine need to do a lot more work before I'd buy a game from them at more than budget price. Legion was very basic and Chariots of War little better from what I saw of it.

These are in a different genre to the city building games like Caesar since they are more about armies and conquest.
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
          X