Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your nerdiest gaming purchase of all time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"star screwdrivers"

is that the new slang for a lady's best friend?

Did anyone buy a Kiligon dictionary? Or buy the complete DVD version of ANY film-spin-off science fiction series, and know the names of all the actors?

I would venture a guess but I dont want to risk the offense of being wrong. So, do share, who is that??

Comment

Did anyone buy a Kiligon dictionary?
      did you see trekkies? There is a Klingon school! www.kli.org costs a lot. My friend Nick thought about doing it despite the cost.
      and also, I think you forgot everything comic book related. Does anyone buy, and collect comic books? Have more than 1 subscription? Bought any piece of a hero's costume ( cyclpos's visro, green lantern's ring, captain america's shield, Elektra's sai, i guess eve nthose really expensive lightsabre replicas count) of of the internet?
      Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
      Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

I don't have any of that crap.

I just buy computer games. The only accessories I might be would be a standard controller, or perhaps a flight-sim type controller.

Comment

it's not crap! It's cool if you're into comic books. I want a GL ring. Hal Jordan Rules
          ya, my compy is too ****ty for many games.
          Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
          Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

I would venture a guess but I dont want to risk the offense of being wrong. So, do share, who is that??
            The guilty parties know who they are. Oh and they ARE damm guilty too

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              Yeah, buying most action games aren't nerdy. However, when I bought Civ2, the guy at the counter looked at me like I was nerdy .
              Lets hear it for nerds, then.

Actually Imran has a point. Nerdy as it applies to trekkies, grognards, DnDers, Civers, etc doesnt really fit the broad mass of preadolescent and adolescent and arguably post-adoloscent males who go in for FPS's, console games, GTA, etc in a big way. Yet socially well adjusted, completely normal, well-rounded, etc hardly seems to fit either (at least not more so than for the nerdier pastimes). What word is applicable then??
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

No, nerdy is the right word. The right word for trekkies et al, is geeky.

Comment

my nes controller belt buckle gets all the chicks! no seriously they all are like woa thats sooo cool! can i touch it, then they touch the bottons and stuff. its awesome. then some guys start touching the butons too and im like ahH

Comment

No, nerdy is the right word. The right word for trekkies et al, is geeky.

that would be about right.

Comment

LOL I love that checklist.... Saved for later.
                      cIV list: cheats
                      Now watch this drive!

Comment

What is a grognard?
                        There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

A wargamer who is REALLY into realism in his game. He *****es when realism is sacrificed for things like fun .
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

i havent added it to my nerd collection yet, but im thinking about buying it:

*hums the zelda song*

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom

I seem to recall a SNES game called CoolSpot which involved zapping mice and cheese, or something like that.

Available from the Virgin Megastore in London as part of a 7 Up/Virgin cross promotion, I think.
                              I remember it too...

It wasn't too bad... just bad... glad I only rented it back in the day.

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                              I remember a DOS game called Spot, interesting little game sort of like reversi, but not quite. I could find it on the Net, but couldn't get it to run on my Wintel box.
                              That one was much better.

I came here for CtP... but then Macs have about a two-year delay on all of their games...

Just got a couple of role-playing books from Amazon via the 'poly link... that's 'gaming'.

Then there's the buying of MULE for the NES... that was fairly sad too... especially since I still play it...
                              I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

i never buy the nerdy accesories, such as apolyton shirts !!!!
                                GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
                                X