Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your nerdiest gaming purchase of all time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love DLs. They're the life of a forum.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

It IS possible that someone new actually joins 'poly...

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Yes, but he posted IN THE OT !

No settler ever posts in the OT, except DLs and Tripledoc
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
          Yes, but he posted IN THE OT !

No settler ever posts in the OT, except DLs and Tripledoc
          I dont know, seems at least a few people have brought their relatives, significant others, etc to Poly, even when said person has no interest in games, and they go straight to OT.

I of course followed the standard route, posting in Civ2-General and Civ2-Strategy before discovering OTF.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
            It IS possible that someone new actually joins 'poly...

-Jam
            Yeah, but theyre mostly in Civ3 and RON forums, to follow up on what Spiffor said.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

i mean, why would someone come to Poly? To look at and post on things you cant find anywhere else. Civ3 forums as good as anywhere. RON as good as anywhere i suppose (i dont really follow it)

Not too many new people coming for Civ2, CTP's, or SMAC I dont suppose, given the age of the games.

New people for MOO3 forums?

And i doubt anyone come for the Paradox games forum - why post here instead of on Paradox forums? Unless you already are here, and either like talking with fellow Poly's or want the post count.

Of course NO ONE who posts in other games can imagine that there might be another place on the net to discuss misc games

Comment

what is a DL?

doll lover

duck licker

down loader

downey lossenger

dirty loser

dude latigre

Comment

Its a duck licker. Everyone thinks you are a duck licker because you post in "Other Games" without introducing yourself.

A duck licker is a regular poster pretending to be someone else for laughs.

-Jam
                  1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                  That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                  Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

Not too many new people coming for Civ2, CTP's, or SMAC I dont suppose, given the age of the games.
                    I'm one of those people who came for SMAC I like being unique!
                    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

Yeah, but theyre mostly in Civ3 and RON forums, to follow up on what Spiffor said.
                      RoN forums are dead.

Comment

Its a duck licker. Everyone thinks you are a duck licker because you post in "Other Games" without introducing yourself.

you have your facts wrong Jam, he posted in the OT on the same day he registered and before he posted in any other forum.

Comment

He's NOT a duck licker then is he?

-Jam

Comment

woohoo! i win

Comment

He's NOT a duck licker then is he?

no, he's the other kind of DL

but to make at least one on topic post since this thread has been moved I'd have to say my nerdiest purchase was a computer game.

Comment

yeah you guys are bad at keeping topics on topic. youre all a bunch of WL's

Comment

Working...
                                X