Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your nerdiest gaming purchase of all time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MattH
    replied
    LOL I love that checklist.... Saved for later.

Leave a comment:

• Space05us
    replied
    No, nerdy is the right word. The right word for trekkies et al, is geeky.

that would be about right.

Leave a comment:

• the311guy
    replied
    my nes controller belt buckle gets all the chicks! no seriously they all are like woa thats sooo cool! can i touch it, then they touch the bottons and stuff. its awesome. then some guys start touching the butons too and im like ahH

Leave a comment:

• duke o' york
    replied
    No, nerdy is the right word. The right word for trekkies et al, is geeky.

Leave a comment:

• lord of the mark
    replied
    Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    Yeah, buying most action games aren't nerdy. However, when I bought Civ2, the guy at the counter looked at me like I was nerdy .
    Lets hear it for nerds, then.

Actually Imran has a point. Nerdy as it applies to trekkies, grognards, DnDers, Civers, etc doesnt really fit the broad mass of preadolescent and adolescent and arguably post-adoloscent males who go in for FPS's, console games, GTA, etc in a big way. Yet socially well adjusted, completely normal, well-rounded, etc hardly seems to fit either (at least not more so than for the nerdier pastimes). What word is applicable then??

Leave a comment:

• Jamski
    replied
    I would venture a guess but I dont want to risk the offense of being wrong. So, do share, who is that??
    The guilty parties know who they are. Oh and they ARE damm guilty too

-Jam

Leave a comment:

• bipolarbear
    replied
    it's not crap! It's cool if you're into comic books. I want a GL ring. Hal Jordan Rules
    ya, my compy is too ****ty for many games.

Leave a comment:

• Dis
    replied
    I don't have any of that crap.

I just buy computer games. The only accessories I might be would be a standard controller, or perhaps a flight-sim type controller.

Leave a comment:

• bipolarbear
    replied
    Did anyone buy a Kiligon dictionary?
    did you see trekkies? There is a Klingon school! www.kli.org costs a lot. My friend Nick thought about doing it despite the cost.
    and also, I think you forgot everything comic book related. Does anyone buy, and collect comic books? Have more than 1 subscription? Bought any piece of a hero's costume ( cyclpos's visro, green lantern's ring, captain america's shield, Elektra's sai, i guess eve nthose really expensive lightsabre replicas count) of of the internet?

Leave a comment:

• Space05us
    replied
    "star screwdrivers"

is that the new slang for a lady's best friend?

Did anyone buy a Kiligon dictionary? Or buy the complete DVD version of ANY film-spin-off science fiction series, and know the names of all the actors?

I would venture a guess but I dont want to risk the offense of being wrong. So, do share, who is that??

Leave a comment:

• Jamski
    replied
    Did anyone buy a Kiligon dictionary? Or buy the complete DVD version of ANY film-spin-off science fiction series, and know the names of all the actors? Or own a set of "star screwdrivers" (yes I know who you are)

That is THE definition of nerdy.

-Jam

Leave a comment:

• Verto
    replied
    I suppose Klingon Academy could be considered my nerdiest purchase.

Q'apla! (sp)

Leave a comment:

• Dis
    replied
    this thread is pure spam.

I will close this thread now.

Leave a comment:

• Space05us
    replied
    bump!

Bumping a thread of so little signifigance in an on topic forum is a nono, the oppressive state police of Apolyton will see it as padding your post count.

note:Im not calling your thread insignificant to offend you, but every thread unless deemed otherwise is insignificant

Leave a comment:

• the311guy
    replied
    bump!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X