X2: The Threat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Osweld
    By the way - is it just me or do the rudder optimisation upgrades become counter productive? Right now the controls on my discoverer are so sensitive I can barely manevour it without it flying out of control... of course, maybe it's just because I've gotten use to the slow and steady mercury.
    I can't help you, I haven't launched a game in a week (evil political campaigns eating too much gaming time), and I never went that far as adding rudder optimization to my disco

Maybe I'll be more helpful in the next few days, because I'm supposed to have less workload now
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
      I never went that far as adding rudder optimization to my disco
      Ah... so that's what a disco is.

I thought it was hilarious when, in the opening movie, Ben abruptly calls someone in and tells him to prepare a disco immediately. I was thinking of a disco hall.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I thought so too
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

disco - M5 Argon Discoverer

Some points raised above.

Control issues. Get the latest patch which fixes these.
          Rudder upgrades. Don't get these.
          A good fighter. 890k is the the basic model M3 Argon Nova. You'll need around 2.2 million to make one combat capable. While slower than most other heavy fighters, it has a lot of staying power and a rear turret for missle defence.
          First station. SPP (Solar Power Plant) for first and located in Kingdom's end.
          Worst sectors to put first station - President's End and Ore Belt.
          Worst sector to try and cross without serious firepower - President's End
          There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Originally posted by Qilue
            Worst sector to try and cross without serious firepower - President's End
            I only dare to cross it with my hyper fast disco

Comment

Copied and pasted from Egosoft newsletter number 13.

Not much longer before the 1.3 patch will be let loose on the gaming community.
              Once again, we have been able to correct several annoying problems and thanks to feedback from the community, several difficult-to-trace bugs have also been eliminated. Among these was a problem that could leave a save-game corrupted if you had given your property very long names. These save-games will also be repaired with this patch.
              Another problem which had bothered many players was the "doubled" menus which occurred if you left your ship inside a station. And then there were those Xenon capital ships which were unintentional fitted with the excessively effective camouflage, in fact they were invisible and also couldn't be hit with any shots. 1.3 brings these craft back into normal space-time.
              There are numerous other, smaller fixes and improvements, and there are also some new things!
              Among other things is the facility to instruct your ships to make a jump, assuming they are fitted with a jumpdrive, using options that are fully integrated into the command console.
              Should be available in the next few weeks.

EDIT - patch 1.3 has been released
              Last edited by Qilue; March 10, 2004, 00:35.
              There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Rudder upgrades. Don't get these.
                I need to clarify this.

On fighters (M5, M4 and M3), rudder upgrades can make your fighter quite uncontrollable. However, if it's on a fighter you're never going to fly, such as those assigned to protect stations and capital ships, then rudder upgrades will aid it's survivability.

On other classes (M1, M2, M6, TL, TS and TP), you will need them. M1s, M2 and TLs in particular since even with full rudder upgrades, they still turn very slowly.

For your first TL, a Split elephant is a good choice. They are one of the cheapest TLs and one of the fastest ships you can buy.

Comment

I built my first station today.

And now I'm cruising around exploring the galaxy in my Boron octopus, and taking on any pirate mandolays I come across. Poor buggers can't even get me in their sights, I just follow their back where ever they go.

Quick question: Are there any ships that are faster than the usual transports which can carry medium sized cargo? I fiure that since crystals are typically only bought in small quantities, it would be better to have a faster ship with a small cargo hold to do those runs.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

oh how I envy you.....

damn 500mhz notebook........

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
                      I built my first station today.

And now I'm cruising around exploring the galaxy in my Boron octopus, and taking on any pirate mandolays I come across. Poor buggers can't even get me in their sights, I just follow their back where ever they go.

Quick question: Are there any ships that are faster than the usual transports which can carry medium sized cargo? I fiure that since crystals are typically only bought in small quantities, it would be better to have a faster ship with a small cargo hold to do those runs.
                      The Boron Manta, TP class. This has a cargo capacity of 1000 of up to XL class cargo and its' upgraded top speed is 216.

For small and fast, the Split Iguana TP class is good. Cargo capacty of 450 of up to L class cargo and its' upgraded top speed is 308.

TS class ships while having larger cargo capacity, are just too slow. However, the Split caiman is a very good asteroid miner.

A tip for your automated transports, do not mount weapons on them. If they have a weapon and are attacked, they will turn and fight. Unarmed, they will attempt to get away which is what you want them to do.

Comment

TS class ships while having larger cargo capacity, are just too slow.
                        They have their purposes, I think.

They (the Dolphin) might go half the speed of a manta, but they carry three times the load, which makes them good for hauling bulk goods like energy cells,and other things that will always fill your cargo hold. Obviously, they wouldn't be very good for collecting things like crystals where you would never be transporting more than a hundred at most.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                        X