Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you know what happens when you put Police funding all the way up in SimCity 3000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you know what happens when you put Police funding all the way up in SimCity 3000?

There are two halves to the answer. I'll start with the half I do know:

Your city becomes a totalitarian state where people get arrested for singing off-key. This is entertaining.

But then I started getting petitioners claiming they were afraid of the police. So this leads me to the half I don't know:

Is your city's aura adversely affected by totalitarian policing? (I thought it was affected by crime, pollution, traffic, presence of desirable or undesirable buildings, etc.)
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

if they dont stop complaining just shoot them.

I've never payed attention to aura so I wouldnt know.

Comment

Sim city. tsk tsk tsk I will not voice my opinion on this tremedous waste of time, but I would reccomend just plain old experimenting and seeing what happens, or you could invest your time more wisely in the Communist Revolution!
      Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
      Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

waste of time?

That is ridiculous. All computer games are a waste of time. Yet we still play them. Just because you don't like the game doesn't mean it shouldn't be played by others.

Myself, I have never played a sim city game, although I keep meaning to. I'm just not sure if I will like them enough. I hate blowing $50 and only play a game one day.

Comment

That's what the bargain bin is for, dissident. I'm sure that SC 3000 can be had for far less than $50.00 nowadays.

Comment

In SC 3000, I found that reducing crime to zero to be the most effective way to boost property values (and tax income!), and that adding extra police stations to ensure zero crime worked better than tinkering with the police budget.

Although there were some complaints about the extra policing, there did not seem to be any other negative consequences for doing this.
            Last edited by solo; March 3, 2004, 15:11.

Comment

Working...
            X