Does any place buy old used games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does any place buy old used games?

I'd like to know if anyone knows of any place that would buy my old games I never play any more. I know it is only wishful thinking. but if I could get just a couple of bucks for them, it would be nice. Some of them are older games like Star Wars Rebellion, The sims, Sim Golf, Black and White, Madden Football 2000, Call to Power II.

Also does anyone know a place to turn in old computer parts for cash? Or even at worst, just to recycle them.

Well, you can alway's sell your used games at Ultima or at Score Games

More seriously, ebay is a good way to go. And look for game shops: if they have a bargain bin, that's because clients provide them with bargain games.

As for hardware: I have never managed to sell used harware (I didn't try too hard). But to recylce it, simply call the garbage service of your city. They'll tell you how to deal with electronic waste. In my hometown, we are to throw electronic waste away with old furniture and such.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I was going to try ebay. But I've heard of so many scams with paypal and such. I'm a bit wary.

Comment

Yeah, eBay. Just pay careful attention to the buyer's background.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Most computer games stores will have bargain bins for used games, and although few will actually pay for used games, all will accept them in part-exchange for new games. In fact, I've traded in an old game as part-exchange for another old game, that was better than any of the new games on the shelves.

Comment

What games you got? - give us a list and maybe someone here will buy them of you? (I collect old games - 3D does nothing for me ).

Or just look around where you live for a used/part exchange games shop - most cities will have a few i guess

You will probably be able to get a better price on ebay - as collectors will pay higher than average, but as you say its a bit hit and miss these days with security issues etc.........i've used it twice and never had a problem though.
            'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

at least some Electronics Boutiques will buy old games. Not sure what they'll give you, or if theyll only give store credit rather than cash.
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Re: Does any place buy old used games?

Originally posted by Dissident
                I'd like to know if anyone knows of any place that would buy my old games I never play any more. I know it is only wishful thinking. but if I could get just a couple of bucks for them, it would be nice. Some of them are older games like Star Wars Rebellion, The sims, Sim Golf, Black and White, Madden Football 2000, Call to Power II.

Also does anyone know a place to turn in old computer parts for cash? Or even at worst, just to recycle them.

If you only plan to get a few bucks for them, why not donate them to Goodwill or Salvation Army so some less fortunate person can buy it for their kid inexpensively?

Comment

Re: Re: Does any place buy old used games?

Originally posted by bfg9000

If you only plan to get a few bucks for them, why not donate them to Goodwill or Salvation Army so some less fortunate person can buy it for their kid inexpensively?
                  really old hardware is not something i think even Goodwill is interested in. Its becoming an environmental problem - i think there are some recyclers springing up though.
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I always take my old pcs to goodwill.

And ebay is the way to go, make it a package deal.

I just sold Max Payne 1 and 2 on ebizzle for $40.
                    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

yeah this all came about when I was actually cleaning up my desk area. The first time since I moved into my home 3 years ago

I realized how many computer game boxes and disks I have. I always keep all my documentation. The only time I didn't was when I moved accross country in 1998. So it doesn't look like I have the box for Star Wars Rebellion, but I do have the game CD and rule book, and the poster and quick card.

Boy what a mess.

Comment

Working...
                      X