Neverwinter nights-revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neverwinter nights-revisited

I know that there is another fairly recent thread about this game, but it became thrashed by PWNED's and pictures of cars, not to mention that the thread title was spelled wrong

Anyway, I've been playing the SoU expansion, (I began to get kind of bored by the original campagn not to mention that the game was crashing every 10 or 15 minutes. I'm quite sure that it was a video card problem, because I underclocked my video card and haven't had a crash since I suppose that better cooling may be the answer A $300, non-overclocked graphics card should be able to run any game just fine !!!!!!!!!!!

...sorry back to NWN, so far I've quite liked the SoU expansion, I started out as a neutral evil rogue (I'm no longer a virgin evil character ) , but it turns out that my playing style has been more chaotic than neutral, which imho is a great feature of NWN, if you aren't playing your alignment it will change

At this point in my game I have one artifact, and am on the verge of getting another from a sniveling little kobald, good stuff My character is 5th level, and working toward becoming an assassin and/or shadowdancer.

So in this thread let's talk NWN, advice, likes and dislikes, introduction to some modules, mods etc.

The only module that I currently have is the dungeon of apolyton, but I read some bad reviews about it so I probably won't be playing it

...J/K Jamski, it is next on my list

Yeah, he's a putz .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

SOU is decent. It's more to the point than the original one- which can drag on in places.

HOTU is even better, but some of the cut-scenes were buggy for me . A bit more laggy as well.

Comment

Be sure to check out some of the community modules. There are some really great ones out there.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
          Yeah. It has so many references to some "Tassadar" person?
          Yeah - he's got a duel-wield hammer and sickle.

I heard that NWN was rubbish, but that the add-ons and various mods that had been made for it were wonderful, and made it a worthy purchase. I doubt that I'll be getting it any time in the near future because I've just dipped my toe into the first Baldur's Gate, but will keep my eyes open for it at a super-cheap price I can't refuse.
          Besides, I wouldn't want to encourage Jamski.

Comment

I have NWN but not SoU, so I can't play DoA unfortunately. I can't think of any other TLA's to use either.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
              Be sure to check out some of the community modules. There are some really great ones out there.

Which ones do you suggest?

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                SOU is decent. It's more to the point than the original one- which can drag on in places.

HOTU is even better, but some of the cut-scenes were buggy for me . A bit more laggy as well.

Can you take your character from SOU into HOTU? To rephrase, does the HOTU campaign start at first level or is it higher?

Comment

Its been a while since I went to download modules but they had a popularity rating and brief blurb for each one.
                  To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                  H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by centrifuge

Can you take your character from SOU into HOTU? To rephrase, does the HOTU campaign start at first level or is it higher?
                    HOTU gives the option of carrying over a character from SoU (in fact, SoU works into the storyline) or bringing in a lvl-1 character (and auto-leveling-up to lvl-15).

For user-created modules, I'd recommend the entire Penultima and Penultima Rerolled series.
                    oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

I'd reccommend you look at Neverwinter Vault and play anything that either has :

A rating above 8/10 after 20ish votes or
                      More than 10,000 downloads
                      Or is in the "Hall of Fame"

That's at least 500 hours of gaming pleasure, of better quality than the original module(s)

"Bone Kenning" was quite spectacular. The various LotR modules are good too, and Pool Of Radiance is a faithful conversion of the old Gold Box game.

Dungeon of Apolyton is a nice little bit of fun too

-Jam
                      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I have NWN but not SoU, so I can't play DoA unfortunately. I can't think of any other TLA's to use either.
                        WOW! Lots of acronyms.
                        Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                        Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

An up date on my game...

I made it through chapter one solo, (ie no henchmen).
                          Alll that I can say is thank god for the "use magical device" Rogue skill

My character is now 5th level rogue, 2nd level assassin, and 2nd level shadow dancer. I love the shaodowdancer hide in plain site ability, it's kept me alive quite a few times already.

...as for assassin, can someone give me some advice on how to better utilize this class? So far I've seen no benefit in it over rogue

Currently, I've gone through the desert and made it to the Ao encampment, (...but then my wife was feeling neglected so I had to quit )

Dissident,

You were right, SoU is much better than the original campaign I'm glad that I moved on, the original had become quite boring.

Comment

Now, I guess I'll have to buy the game, a friend lent it to me last year and I completed it.

But all of the user created module have me wanting to buy it.

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

My son is visiting me for a week and wanted to take a look at the game, since I kept mentioning it in phone calls before. He liked it so much, that I'll get the gold edition for him today after work. HoTU isn't out here yet. But I'm greatly enjoying SoU, which is really much better than the original game.

Comment

Working...
                              X