Romance of the Three Kingdoms 9!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romance of the Three Kingdoms 9!!!!

Either today or tomorrow we should see this title from Koei hit the stores. I personally will buy this game even though I have little time to play games lately. It's definately a must have for any ROTK fan IMHO.

So any ROTK fans out there waiting for this title besides me?
    signature not visible until patch comes out.

Is this one for PS2?

I got ROTK VI for the PS One. It sucks. The combat was a HUGE step backward in my opinion, and I had only played ROTK I and III prior to this. III's combat was good; I liked the grinding noise melee battles would make.

Oh well. I'll get around to selling VI sooner or later, and then look forward to other incarnations when I finally get a PS2 (for the kids, of course).
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Yes this one is for PS2, north american release. I have a PS2, bought it for the kid of course At least that's what I told my wife. Too bad I have to wait for her to go to bed before I can setup the console to play. Hence the limited gaming time.

I agree ROTK VI wasn't that good but ROTK VII for PS2 was a good game. Stay away from ROTK VIII because nothing earth shattering with that one.

I'm checking my local Gamestop/EBGAMES tomorrow to see if the game (ROTK IX) is in.

Comment

Wow, this is great as I loved this game. Too bad I won't get to play it as my wife would never let me near "her" PS2.

Comment

I played the original, III, and VI. IMO, the first one is still the best one with a nice simple elegance.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I fondly remember 1-4 on nintendo. They were excellent games. I didn't know they were still making them. Koei was always one of my favorite vendors. I would sometimes buy one of their games, just because it was a Koei.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I was like that too rah.

I had just about every Koei game for NES and SNES. Koei is the only reason why I bought PS2 over Xbox.

From what I read about RTK IX it seems to call back to the old games where you were just in charge of the leader of your country.

Comment

I remember that Ming and I would have contests to see how few turns it would take to win. We were down to less that 6 turns on a couple of them.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

God these games suck! why do they keep making them, actually, wehy do they keep selling? I know x-play has stupid jokes and wht not, but they were right on in theri review!
                  Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                  Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Different strokes for different strokes.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                      I fondly remember 1-4 on nintendo. They were excellent games. I didn't know they were still making them. Koei was always one of my favorite vendors. I would sometimes buy one of their games, just because it was a Koei.
                      Nice to see there's a fellow loyal Koei fan out there. If they come out with a version of Uncharted Waters for PS2, I'm in. Dynasty Warriors III and IV are such killfest .
                      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by Cookie Monster
                        From what I read about RTK IX it seems to call back to the old games where you were just in charge of the leader of your country.
                        Really? Though I have to wait for a PC version to come out first.
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Really? Though I have to wait for a PC version to come out first.
                          I don't think KOEI does PC versions of their games anymore. At least not in English.
                          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I saw the PC version of RotTK VI not that long ago... in Chinese.

Comment

That's not going to help
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X