Comparison: BotF vs AC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparison: BotF vs AC

This is inspired by obstructor's comments in another thread.

Which game has more faults: Birth of the Federaton or Alpha Centauri?
    Birth of the Federation has more faults
    77.78%
    Alpha Centauri has more faults
    11.11%
    They have about the same number of faults
    11.11%
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Losers! 13 views and only 2 votes.

Vote, vote!
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Well it's BotF, though I have to say I do not consider BotF to be as bad as you have previosly suggested in comparison to many other average turn based strategy games. However, it cannot compete with SMAC.

Comment

Silly question. BotF is a stinking piece of poo, and SMAC is the greatest game ever. Of course BotF has more faults, namely that it is not fun to play.

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Nice new panda, UR.

I've never played BotF, but out of solidarity with Dr Spike and Jamski, then I'm voting for it. AC didn't have that many faults - it was about as bad as the first version of many games are - before patches.

Comment

DrSpike,

Hm, maybe you are right, I just didn't have a positive experience of it.

duke,

Thanks

Originally posted by Jamski
            Of course BotF has more faults, namely that it is not fun to play.
            Very astute observation

Comment

Its the biggest fault any game can make.

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I don't think either has many real faults. Only that Birth of the Federation was poorly executed.
                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                X