Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RISK =(Risk Is Super Kool)

no risk sucks jon miller
    Risk does not suck. It is the precursor the the glorious NES(Never Ending Story) What could beat Risk? I understand Chess is better, but I figured that everybody knew that already. Aside from Chess, you really haven't mentioned anything of any relavence to the subject at hand. What would you choose over risk, Operation?
    Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
    Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

umm, no

I don't consider operation a game

but third reich is better

diplomacy is better

and so on

(right now I would even say that Axis and Allies is better, Risk use to be above Axis and Allies but now I think that Axis and Allies is better)

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Games I play these days with Princess of the Mark:
        Life - kinda boring, to me
        Clue - can be fun
        Scrabble - good

Games found in the basement, from the golden age of board war gaming

Afrika Corps
        Sinai
        6th Fleet
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

oh

I forgot about Afrika Corps

that was a graet game

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
            oh

I forgot about Afrika Corps

that was a graet game

Jon Miller
            It had a fairly elegant supply rule.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

There also Panzer Blitz, Panzer Leader, Wooden Ships and Iron Men, etc.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

those are all good too

but I want to know multiplayer games

but they are more on the right track than some of the earlier suggestions

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

I love Chess but I suck at it I am one mean Scrabble player, though.

Axis and Allies was fun, but the Axis had better get some good dice in the early games or they're screwed.
                  The Avalon Hill games are the best, IMO.
                  "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Titan is a real multiplayer board game with very simple rules. It take a long time to play, however, and is very luck dependent.

The problem with multiplayer games is they are extremely hard to balance. Axis and Allies clearly favours the Allies side, for example.

There's always Diplomacy, but I won't recommend you to play it with your friends. It's that cutthroat.
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

mentioned diplomacy, we already play that

Jon Millerhave any info about titan you can share?

Jon Miller
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Go.

Simple rules, but very deep.

Comment

played it

not multiplayer

Jon Miller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

This is a good Titan website. There's a pretty good Open Source Titan computer game available. Check on the "software" page for Colossus.

Comment

Working...
                            X