This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rah,

Sorry, (Right), still have trouble with that to the point where I've almost submitted my orders wrong.

I was mainly trying to understand the oilslick slide rule. I do not have a problem with where you put me. It is still not clear to me how you slide on the slick. If I turn Right, I move in a 45 degree angle relative to my last position, but on this oilslick I went straight 90 degrees right. Is that what you meant in the rules by right, left (or straight). Graphically (if It shows up right without the code tag). I thought that a slick would give you the possibility of:

\ | /
    \ | /
    \ | /
    X

not

|
    |
    |
    ---X---

Again, I'm not complaining about my position, and I'm sorry if I'm being a pain.
    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• No, not being a pain, just exposing things I han't thoroughly thought out prior

But in this case, you ended on the oil slick so left, right, and same place (straight) were the only option. If you had driven through the oil slick with movement left, then angles would come into play. Does that make sense?
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Yes it does make sense. Thanks for the response. Sorry the drawing did not make sense, gotta learn how to use that code thingy.

So just out of curiosity, what would have happened if I did not brake and I got the same right kick? If you are too busy to answer, I understand.

Orders sent BTW
        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• You would have gone off at an angle right. But since right came up, you still would have skidded through the pile up and I would have been faced with the same problem. If you had skidded straight or left, there's a great chance that placing you back on the track would have been in the middle of the pile up, and more decisions would have had to been made. OWWWW my head is starting to hurt.

Next game I just want to drive.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• But A wide open track means who ever gets an early lead can't be caught, so I did add some real tight areas. (the worst you haven't seen yet, if you can believe that)

This game could take longer then any of the demo games..
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Heh. Just say "what rah says, goes" and don't worry too much.

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Turn 9 now complete, accepting turn 10 orders. Please remember to put TURN 10 in your PM title. It makes things easier.

The only crash was the only one I didn't expect.
                Everyone is back in it.
                A lot of oil is being put down on the optimal path. The second lap will be fun. (when we get to it next year. )

Code:
                     ***7      *
                     ***4      *
                         **2**  *
                          *5*** *
                           6O1* *
                            O**3*
                           OO*8**
                         O*****
                       ***O*
                ----********-----Start line
                O=oil slick

Crash 7 and 4 Oil slick will appear under the 7 car.

Drogue got lucky hitting the oil slick but speed reduced to 1
                Spaced moved right at oil slick speed stays one.

speed,WC
                1. Spaced Cowboy 1,5 *
                2. Alva 2,1 *
                3. Jamski 2,4 * _edited, judgement rule.
                4. Skanky Burns 1,3 *
                5. Jonny 2,4 *
                6. Drogue 1,5 *
                7. ADG 2,1 *
                8. DrSpike 2,3 *

This will hurt both cars, so the ref deems it plain accident
                Last edited by rah; February 27, 2004, 15:48.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• We'll see how much the short cut helps. (it should)
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Jamski could well come through this. With 4 wildcards left and still getting to the shortcut. Nice.
                    Smile
                    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

• Sent
                      Smile

Comment

• Yeah Jamski you sly one.

I have to ask though, starting from Jamski's last position I think he should be off the track if he used 2 wildcards to the right whilst turning to the right and sped up from 2 to 3.

Comment

• Nope, he would pass over your position. He moved at 45 degrees, meaning he's in the right place, AFAIK (3 rights, 2 with WCs, and 3 forward).
                          Smile

Comment

• Yahoo... finally I hit one...

And turn order has been sent...
                            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• Interesting, especially considering when I first looked at it, I thought the same thing and figured he thought he needed to accelerate to go the extra space right with the wild card and I was going to just not accelerate him, but when I looked at it a second time I thought it was right so I didn't bother.

NOTE for all, if you use a wild card to move more tha one to the left or right, it do does not require an extra space of movement. Only your movement forward is counted towards your speed.

In this case I will readjust his speed as I originally intended since I really believe it was a possible ambiguity in the rule and not a mistake on his part.

Good Catch.. God, I feel like a dungeon master.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Who taught you guys to drive?
                                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                                X