Axis and Allies: Iron Blitz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axis and Allies: Iron Blitz

I dusted off this old game and played it a couple of times at single player. It runs all right on my ancient Wintel box, but there are some problems.

It has a very severe memory leak problem that causes the game to slow the game down to a crawl after 4 or 5 rounds. I have to save the game, exit completely, and reload.

The computer players sometimes act stupidly. Like the Brits built a base in India but decided not to defend it

Do you know of any patches that fix these problems?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

not much you can do about the AI I don't think

I never had a memory leak, although I haven't really played the Iron Blitz. I installed it, started a game- and then realized I was bored of Axis and Allies. I played the hell out of the original. So I don't think I ever got 4 or 5 rounds into it.

Comment

The Game getting slower unfortunatly never got addressed
      I had the Same Problem here.

The AI Moves are very similiar. Okay the First Turn only offers that much Possibilities but..
      Did anything happen that forced UK to built other THings? Like Fleet lost or UDSSR whipping Germans?
      Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

I loaned my Iron Blitz cd out a couple years ago and didn't get it back. Kinda irritating considering it sells on Ebay for almost $200 now.

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
          I loaned my Iron Blitz cd out a couple years ago and didn't get it back. Kinda irritating considering it sells on Ebay for almost $200 now.
          could get some really fine beer and lots pretzels for that.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

You ain't kidding. I was trying to get a copy of Iron Blitz so I could play it again, but I'm not willing to pay that much for it.

Comment

$200!

my copy of Iron Blitz is just that- a copy. The main game is original though.

Comment

Apparently they still make the original and sell it, but they quit making the Iron Blitz edition (which was a little more stable and allowed you to edit the units and territory) I haven't checked prices in awhile but 8 months ago you couldn't get one cheaper than $175.

Comment

Great scott! That's a pretty penny.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I know when I found out how much it was going for on Ebay I redoubled my efforts to find it thinking I would sell mine if I could find it.

Comment

Working...
                    X