Help me remember the name of this game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me remember the name of this game

I played the game once between April and June 1998. I don't know the date of publishing or the publisher. The game is an adventure with multiple choice answers in conversation and occasionally picking up items.

The main character was a newspaper reporter that drives into a city and visits an army barracks. He is searching for someone I can't remember who. The minute he exits the car zombies start appearing and you have to shoot a couple of them to get to the building. There you are introduced to the frustrating game mechanism: If you make even a slightest mistake in conversation you end up dead. So I had to save and reload frequently.

So, the first location is the command centre in the army barracks where you discover that some of the soldiers have become zombies so you have to kill them too. The next location is the zombie infested city, through which you must go and find your way to the graveyard which is the third location. Another independent location is a bar off the road to the city and a house outside of city in which an old lady lives.

In the city there are many locations: A church, a store, police station, water supply 9(!) etc...

Gradually, all people you meet on these locations turn to zombies, the main character included.

I believe, but I don't know for sure cause I haven't finished the game, that the plot was about someone poisoning the water supplies to turn entire city into zombies.

To get to the graveyard you have to dispose of a shadowy figure, some kind of demoness which you defeat with a special weapon, a silver bullet if I remember correctly.

And one more thing - the clock is ticking, so if you can't solve the mystery in a certain period of time, a nuke explodes and the game is over.

Now, has anyone of you played this game and if yes please help me remember the name. Thanks!

Resident Evil?
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

That is definitely not resident evil.
      "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

umm ljube , you forget what you playing today ???? hope you all ok there buddyy...
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Well, I've never played Resident Evil but it's also a zombie game.
          Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Working...
          X