Free LOTR Demo game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free LOTR Demo game

Just an FYI...they're giving away PC demos of the lord of the rings: return of the king game in pop tarts boxes. The game's really awesome, cool graphics and some nice details whether or not you're a LOTR fan.
    thought you might be interested! has anyone else played who could give me some hints?

That's the lowest of the low. Free with Pop Tarts?!?!

/me is finally convinced that capitalism is evil *

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

The Return of the King? Thought it was another clickfest but this is only from watching somebody else play it.

Comment

good excuse to buy some pop tarts. LOTM and POTM will both be happy.

Minimum specs??? (for the demo, not the pop tarts)
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

hehe i'll take free stuff where i can find it...and poor college students eat lots of pop tarts, so i might as well get games with it
          as for specs, not really sure...i have a slowish comp and it's fine....
          found the site for you, maybe it has some info??

Comment

The only spec I know of is a 32Mb video card.
            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
              The only spec I know of is a 32Mb video card.
              To render the wholesome strawberry filling?

Comment

I've got the game. Even though my computer exceeds the minimum specs by a fair margin, it only runs acceptably at the lowest settings, so be warned.

It's a nice and authentic movie adaption though, with lots of stuff from the films.

Comment

Hmm...runs pretty well on mine. but computers can be screwy.
                  i heard there's extra stuff on the full version of the game...interviews and footage and stuff. sounds good to me.
                  and ooooh strawberry filling *homer simpson drool*

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

To render the wholesome strawberry filling?
                    Have you been drinking?
                    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

hehe really, who hasn't? let's be honest
                      i'll eat the filling straight don't need a computer for that.

Comment

?
                        cIV list: cheats
                        Now watch this drive!

Comment

Originally posted by rubiks100
                          Hmm...runs pretty well on mine. but computers can be screwy.
                          i heard there's extra stuff on the full version of the game...interviews and footage and stuff. sounds good to me.
                          They certainly are screwy; Max Payne 2 runs perfectly at medium settings.

But the footage, from all the films, is very nice, including little bits from the ROTK extended edition. The interviews are a nice touch for a game to have as well. Ian McKellan provides all the narration, another bonus.

Comment

Hmm weird. My comp has been doing weird stuff anyway....it keeps saying a file doesn't load when it boots up, and then things mess up later. *shrug*
                            those are some cool extra features....can't wait to pick up a full copy. Also, didn't know it was Ian McKellan...that's awesome.

Comment

Working...
                            X