Help Guynemer find "The Last Express"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It may even have had a PC version...

There is a PC version. IIRC the pet website that should not be linked to has it...
    Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
    And notifying the next of kin
    Once again...

Comment

Indeed. I played it after Buck used it in the Name the Game thread.

Comment

"The Last Express" arrived yesterday, and I'm happy to announce that it ran smoothly on my brand new system, even though it was designed for Windows 95.

Actually just finished it; not overly long, but quite challenging, and undeniably, fantastically cool. The ending gave me chills several times. If you have any interest at all in adventure games or history, I highly, highly recommend this.

Four stars, and the Guynemer banana seal of approval.

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

You finished it in a day? That gets the DrSpike cautionary star. Usually when I'm enjoying a game and I realise it's about to end after such little play, I throw things at the wall, which greatly increases the price of the game.

Comment

A good game has to last quite a while. 15 hours for Deus Ex 2 for example sent that game directly to the "don't purchase" pile, for what should have been an automatic purchase for me. I still play Deus Ex from time to time.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

It's an adventure from 1997; it simply can't last that long. Trust me, it's worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                It's an adventure from 1997; it simply can't last that long. Trust me, it's worth it.
                Why does being from 1997 mean it can't last very long? Games are generally shorter today than then.

Comment

Adventure games?

Has there ever been a straight-on classic adventure game that lasted that long?

Comment

Yes! 1 day is terrible. Was it flat out all day, or just 7 or 8 hours?

Comment

It could be a perspective thing. I played Monkey Island back when it was first released, and it had enough to keep me occupied for several months (although obviously, not all day every day). Playing it recently, a few hours and it was all over.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                        Yes! 1 day is terrible. Was it flat out all day, or just 7 or 8 hours?
                        Pretty much flat out all day, I'd estimate 8ish hours start to finish if you remove rewinds and restarts.

Comment

Working...
                        X