This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula 2 ;) Signup thread

This is the next round of the Formula 1 game.

This time around:
    * All orders are PMed to the host.
    * Players now have 5 "wildcard" +1s.
    * There are hidden oil spots. If you hit these you would 'move' one spot left or right (after that they become visible, which has another advantage that it is easier to catch up).
    * Collisions no longer stop both players. The player in the lead at the time has their speed reduced by 50% rounded down, while the car that runs into them is reduced to 0.

Wildcards:
    The player is given, prior to the race, 5 +1s to be used anytime during the race. Either they can specify prior what combo of +1 or they can be wild cards and used for any of the three actions +1 break, accelerate, or turn. Whatever people like. I like everyone having 5 +1 wildcards. Breaking 3 squares would cost 2 +1s.

The only other thing to decide is on starting order.
    Last time we had those with the higher post-count being closer to the center, any better ideas for this round?
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Reverse of last game's performance. Better performance last game = on the outside edge this time

Oh, sign me up too, I can't get enough of this.

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I didn't follow up on the last game, but I hope I understand the rules... sign me up
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Sign me up, though I'll have to read the rules
        Smile
        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Its pretty easy. Accellerate, Decellerate, Same Speed and Right, Left or Dead Ahead.

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Sign me in, but after I read the new rules.

I´d also like reversed start positions, or else I´m going to start from the edge forever
            The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
            - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

I'm in too

Just to clear something up, if a turn is made, is that 1 movement point or not?
              Example with 3 Speed/movement;

do you : left(1)--> forward(2)--> forward(3) = 3
              or
              LeftForward(1) --> forward(2) --> forward(3) = 3
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Second example. The car moves diagonally the first square, then forward for its remaining moves. I haven't decided what happens for people who move sideways twice or more times in a single move though.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

leftforward-->leftforward-->forward ??

Only one turn per tile ?
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I'm in

You could handle the turns as requested. i.e

left accelerate would be move left then forward
                    accelerate left would be move forward then left

Using two wild cards

left accelerate accelerate(w) left(w) would be left forward forward left.

This would give the most flexibility. And offer the most strategic uses of wildcards.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Heck, I'll try it, I'll try anything....that will allow me to beat Jamski
                      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Players:
                        (J) Jamski
                        (A) ADG
                        (D) Drogue
                        (P) Pave
                        (a) Alva
                        (R) Rah
                        (S) Spaced Cowboy
                        (j) Jonny
                        (r) Rasputin
                        (F) Frozzy

I'll be designing the track soon.
                        Last edited by Skanky Burns; February 1, 2004, 19:07.

Comment

Is there room for one more player?

Comment

Sure. Sign-up is still ongoing.

Comment

Then count me in.

Comment

Working...
                              X