Supreme Ruler 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supreme Ruler 2010

From what I lurned, civ-like games always start in "Other Games", so I'll just start here. Maybe it'll bring discussions, maybe not.

SR2010 (www.supremeruler2010.com) is a TBS also played as mid-RTS like EU where everything is made to be conform to our present technology and world, except that in 2010 an economic crash happened and many countries are at war and/or divided in pieces. You can play any country on Earth, with a complete economic/military/diplomatic/spying system. It shouldn't really be for those who dislike serious games, but they say they evaded micro-management.

But the game is presently only in close beta with very few persons. It is presently accepting subscriptions for its next beta phase (February I think). Anyway, it seems like having a great potential, and to be pretty innovative. I'll come back with a comparison between Civ3 and SR2010 if I can get my hands onto the game but in the meantime, all we have is their website and forum.
    Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Yeah, I've been watching this one for sometime now too. I only hope that it's better than last years disaster called Superpower.
    signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Thanks for posting the link Ill have agood read of their site. Certainly looks interesting
      A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

/me applies for a beta *

Keep your fingers crossed.

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Sounds promising!
          Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

I want!!! I want!!! after they fix the graphics anyway, I can stand bad graphics but eyesore graphics are another issue.

Comment

I would have to agree the graphics are a bit sickly, but the games concept looks great
              A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

The mapground and the graphics don't seem to blend well together. But hopefully that will get fixed along the way.

Comment

ewww, it looks like a scenarios based game.

If you can play on the world map, cool
                  if its only one region at a time (ie scenarios only), as what Im reading seems to suggest, then I will no longer give this game consideration, I hate being dragged around by the hand bein told what to do by the creator of the game ( Civ, Fallout, Morrowind, M:TW, and HoI all spoiled me on open-endedness (double suffix ))

This is due to filters applied to the scenarios. Players will only be able to build units that are indigenous to the area they are playing

Comment

Just looking over the screenshots, it seems the game is going to be micromanagement to the tenth.

Which is not neccisarily bad, but I don't know if the game will have enough depth enough to justify it, atleast for me.
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
                      ewww, it looks like a scenarios based game.

If you can play on the world map, cool
                      if its only one region at a time (ie scenarios only), as what Im reading seems to suggest, then I will no longer give this game consideration, I hate being dragged around by the hand bein told what to do by the creator of the game ( Civ, Fallout, Morrowind, M:TW, and HoI all spoiled me on open-endedness (double suffix ))

This is due to filters applied to the scenarios. Players will only be able to build units that are indigenous to the area they are playing
                      A big agreement there Space05us

I'm also spoiled by open-endedness as well and detest mission/scenario based games.
                      signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

I know there are some scenarios, but I don't believe that you can't go for a non-scenario game. And for graphics, I guess they've concentrated their energy elsewhere :P

Personally, I don't really bother about graphics and I sometimes like scenarios as a bonus if there's also an open-ended game.

Comment

i signed up for the open beta test. it looks like a very interesting game.

Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Looks like a great game.

More into Civ games like (CTP2) but SR 2010 seems work along the lines of Civ. Hope that the many doplomatic options work well too many games fail in this aera and have a remote feel to it. Supreme Ruler 2010 has a multi threaded AI like Gal Civ and has over 200 personalities. One thing I get from reading the previews and O&A from the programers is that they will not rush this game out for anything.Already changed release date 3 times.

Comment

3 times? Hey, that means they are a future Blizzard

Comment

Working...
                              X