Metalheart- new Fallout-like game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metalheart- new Fallout-like game.

"Metalheart: Replicants Rampage is a tactical role-playing game set on a deserted planet where the main characters find themselves after the spaceship crash. The game follows the paths of the old-school tactics/RPG classics, but adds new unique features to the traditional gameplay. Metalheart: Replicants Rampage provides a strong sci-fi story with intriguing cyberpunk influences, sophisticated turn-based combat, random quest generator with the unbelievable tasks variations, a complex character parameter system, and plenty of other wonders to make hardcore RPG fans amazed.
    The game is published by Akella in Russia. The publisher outside Russia will be announced later. Metalheart: Replicants Rampage is scheduled for a Spring 2004 release."

I want this game.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Serb; January 29, 2004, 01:28.

Seems interesting. It also seems similar to Aftermath.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Nah, not even a close. UFO Aftermath completely sucks.

I just read the article about Metalheart. The guy who spent a couple of hours playing this game said it is a cool game, pretty simliar to original Fallout, but with graphics better than in Fallout Tactics.

Comment

The graphics are pretty cool... But the appeal of Fallout wasn't so much it's graphics as it's story and character development and all the various paths one could take. I wonder how this game will fare on that front.
        XBox Live: VovanSim
        xbox.com (login required)
        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
        Spore page

Comment

Exactly.
          The story on Russian here (and more screens too).

Comment

Thanks. It doesn't say much about the game though, and the guy does say that the story wasn't revealed, he only got to see combat, so you couldn't tell much from that preview. But it is certainly a game to keep an eye on.
            Spore page

Comment

Im skeptical after seeing what Russian software companies produce. But it looks like a cool game.

Comment

Thanks Serb... this looks like a good game to keep an eye out for .
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

From the site:
                  Dozens of NPCs with sophisticated AI

Looks like a good ehir to Fallout Tactics, but it doesn't seem like a real RPG like Fallout 1&2 Too bad, the graphics and the stting really look exciting.
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

here's another fallout type game. supposedly the fallout 3 main developer is working on this now.

Silver Style Entertainment releases information on its upcoming postapocalyptic role-playing game. First screens inside.

Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                      From the site:
                      Dozens of NPCs with sophisticated AI

Looks like a good ehir to Fallout Tactics, but it doesn't seem like a real RPG like Fallout 1&2 Too bad, the graphics and the stting really look exciting.
                      I hope not. from the same site:

"- Huge game universe
                      - Free-generated story quests
                      ...Players will enjoy two types of the quests: there is one main story line along with self-generated quests, allowing characters to lead a 'normal' life in the gameworld, which is explored more and more throughout the story development...
                      ...Allying with different groups changes the flow of the game: being hostile to nomads opens the way to getting friendly cyborgs or mutants to provide new quests. "
                      I don't recall something alike in FT:BOS.
                      Fallout Tactics completely sucked thanks to real-time combat, absolutely linear mission-based concept and lack of freedom.
                      On character screen you can see that every character has 16 parameters: vitality, dexterity, strength,agility, perception,reaction, luck, health level, implant digestibility, sniper, intelligence, protection, will, endurance, charisma, instinct. Some of them, obvioualy are not combat-related.
                      I hope Metalheart will be closer to original Fallout or Jagged Alliance series (I'm great fan of both and damn exited about this new game).
                      Last edited by Serb; January 31, 2004, 23:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
                        Im skeptical after seeing what Russian software companies produce. But it looks like a cool game.
                        You can find the history of this company here:

Another Russian "must have" game for any Jagged Alliance/UFO fan- Operation Silent Storm. This I can tell you for sure (I have this game).

Comment

Originally posted by pg
                          here's another fallout type game. supposedly the fallout 3 main developer is working on this now.

Silver Style Entertainment releases information on its upcoming postapocalyptic role-playing game. First screens inside.

http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/456/456967p1.html

I keep my eye on this project since long time too.
                          (What can I do? I'm absolutely crazy Falloutphile )

Comment

Originally posted by Serb
                            Another Russian "must have" game for any Jagged Alliance/UFO fan- Operation Silent Storm. This I can tell you for sure (I have this game).
                            Yes! That is a great game. I enjoy it quite a bit. Chalk another recommendation for that one up there.
                            Spore page

Comment

Working...
                            X