No announcement yet.

Dominions II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgaia is plenty big. Out of those three nations, I'd like to go with C'tis.

But actually, if we're to do a death themed game, I'd like to suggest Dark Woods Ulm with a Vampire Queen.

I'm running the latest patch (2.06) and I don't think we really need to use any mods.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I think any death themed nation should be fine with me. Vampire Queens are awesome, so is the Ghost King... What would I play? Hmmm... I have never played C'tis (Fire/death/blood?), so that might be fun. Yet, I have never played carrion woods either and a blood/nature/death mix would be interesting.
      Monkey!!!

Comment

hmm... Black Forest should be ok, I was just thinking of the nations with access to unholy priests for summoning hordes. However, if we remove that restriction we could also consider Return of the Raptors or even Machaka.

Comment

Blood, death, close enough.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I've been playing the carrion woods, and I lie it... I'll take them... lets play
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Another preview of my mod...

Notice the pipers. (bottom row)

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I have never read Discworld, but I am told I should.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

This is their "background" which I nabbed out of the book where they where first introduced.

"The shadow reached a flat rock that offered a magnificent view of the fields and wood below, and there the army came out from among the roots. It was made up of very small blue men, some wearing pointy blue caps, but most of them with their red hair uncovered. They carried swords. None of them was more than six inches high.
                  They lined up and looked down into the new place and then, weapons waving, raised a battle cry. It would have been more impressive if they'd agreed on one before, but as it was it sounded as though every single small warrior had a battle cry of his very own and would fight anyone tried to take it away from him.

'Nac mac Feegle!'
                  'Ach, stickit yer trakkans!'
                  'Gie you sich a kickin'!'
                  'Bigjobs!'
                  'Dere c'n onlie be whin t'ousand!'
                  'Nac mac Feegle wha hae!'
                  'Wha hae yersel, ya boggin!'"

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Attack of the Smurfs!!!
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Just an update: I accidentally had a mod enabled when I created the game, and since the new patch is out we might as well upgrade and start from scratch. I also decided to scrap the death theme idea, so choose whatever nations you like (hopefully not the same one ).

Anyone else interested in joining the PBEM, feel free to post here.

Comment

It sounds interesting but I'm not playing full-game price for something with 1980's graphics
                        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                        H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
                          It sounds interesting but I'm not playing full-game price for something with 1980's graphics
                          What games where you playing in the 80's that had graphics like that?

It's mid-90's graphics. And you're missing out on a ton of great games if you make graphics the deciding factor. Your loss.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Anything on the ZX Spectrum

oh okay, more like Warlords II deluxe, circa 1989, just in a bigger screen resolution than they used back then.

I don't make graphics the deciding factor but its certainly an influence. I have my copies of galciv, SE IV etc. I just don't pay £40 (60$) for a game that ought to retail for around £20. Based on the demo, thats what I think its worth.
                            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                            H.Poincaré

Comment

Well, I ordered the game. Despite it being horrendously overpriced.

Anyone still up for a game?

Comment

USD$60?
                                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                                X