Jagged Alliance 2: Urban Chaos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jagged Alliance 2: Urban Chaos

It's a mod for the original game that was released a couple of weeks ago. Sounds really impressive, but I haven't had a chance to play it myself yet. You can get it here (just scroll down the news a bit), and here's the promo:

Hell may have just frozen over! After almost 3 years in development, the MOD Squad is proud to announce the release of Jagged Alliance 2: Urban Chaos, a free mod for Jagged Alliance 2. JA2: Urban Chaos sends your team of hardened mercenaries to Danubia, a former Warsaw Pact country embroiled in civil unrest, to rescue a British ambassador and recover the encrypted intelligence he was carrying before it can be used against your employers.

JA2:UC features:
    - An all-new country to explore, featuring over 200 new maps and new tilesets.
    - Ten new cities to invade and overtake, and a subway system running between them that will take you to the next one quickly.
    - Dozens of new NPCs and quests, including a few familiar faces.
    - All new items, guns and weapons, some of which are upgradable like never seen before!
    - New intro movies and a totally revamped laptop interface.
    - More numerous and aggressive enemies to fully test your mettle

Jagged Alliance 2: Urban Chaos pushes the venerable JA2 engine about as far as it will go without breaking. Download Urban Chaos and fall in love with the classic JA2 turn-based gameplay all over again.
    Has anyone here played it yet? How is it?
    A couple of screenshots of some of the new maps, maybe?
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Whew 188 MB's?
    this one'll have to wait for Monday.
    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Yeesh, only 16 views? Can people not even be bothered to look at my thread?
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Ooooh...another quality JA2 mod ...can I import my own team? I fought my way with them through the original and the add-on. It would be such a waste to build them up from scratch.
        Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Whaaat? 188 Mb! How am I supposed to dl this?

Have to.... download.....now.....

If this works, I am going to be a very happy puppy...

Comment

i'd luuuurve to play it, but alas my JA2 crashes during the first map!
            "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
            "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

patched?

Comment

I liked JA2......steep learning curve though.

Comment

its installing :=)
                  Happy happy joy joy (if it works)

Comment

roxors.
                    Unfortunatly it crashes when I try to access the Data Carmen gives you.
                    As it did in JA2 when I received the Bounty Hunters List.
                    can any1 tell me who I am supposed to collect this Time? :=)

Comment

oh happy day......

Installed and running. Goodbye moo3......!!!! and good riddance....

Comment

I donno whether it's patched or not, it's too late now anyway, I threw it away as I couldn't do anything with it
                        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Working...
                        X