Good Older, Cheaper X-Box Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Older, Cheaper X-Box Games

Ok, since I got a new X-Box and a damned fine college football game, I was wonder what are some good X-Box finds, which I can find cheap because they are old (or used)? I already got Halo for the PC, so that is out .

Oh, and for 'cheap' I consider less than $30.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Have that for the PC as well .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Then why'd you get an X-Box?
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Beyond Good & Evil is a month old but already $19.99 due to poor sales. It got great reviews, though, might wanna check that out.

Also of interest is the Platinum Hits series, all $19.99: http://www.xbox.com/en-us/platinumhits/default.htm

I would recommend games to you, but I'm honestly surprised you bought the Xbox because I don't think you like console games.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

why not just go into the local eb, check out the used games and then look them up on gamespot or ask here?

I would reccommend SSX Trickey. A great snowboarding game that shockingly enough, my wife likes to play. I think its on all the systems (I have on ps2)

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
            Begins with an H...
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

He plays Halo on the PC.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Beyond Good and Evil got it's price reduction I think because the game is glitchy. My roommate thought it was pretty fun, but it broke a few times and the story was dumb. I'd rent that one.

You want good Xbox games.

Rallisport Challenge !!!!!
                Oddworld Munch's Oddysey

you should be able to get either of these for under $10.
                "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Beyond Good & Evil is a month old but already $19.99 due to poor sales.

Only $19.99! I really wanted to play that! I may just get it . Even if it is glitchy, maybe I'll take my chances .

why not just go into the local eb, check out the used games and then look them up on gamespot or ask here?

'Cause. There are a LOT of used games there . And Gamespot is good for the big ticket games, but I'm looking for some hidden gems or something as well.

Begins with an H...

Actually it begins with a N. As in 'NCAA Football 2004'. Put it to you this way. If they released that for PC, I may not have an X-Box in my TV stand today. It was a matter of justifying the price because I figured, Hell, there are some other good games for it .

He plays Halo on the PC.

Yep . Though if Halo 2 never makes it there, I can at least try it out (though the levels design better be better!)

--

Thanks Asher and BustaMike. I'll check 'em out. Maybe head down to the Blockbuster one of these days and rent some to see how I like 'em.

Comment

I'm told from friends that the CUbe version of BG&E is great; presumably the same would be true of the XBox version.

Hitman 2 is about 20 dollars, and that was pretty good, although I only played a few levels. It's on PC as well, though.
                    All syllogisms have three parts.
                    Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Hitman 2 depends on how you play it.
                      If you try for "silent assassin" on professional it is incredibly hard, yet rewarding, but if you rip through the game as a first person shooter it is incredibly unrewarding.
                      My friend played it that way , took it back the next day and has since taken the pish out of me everyday, saying that it was the easiest shooter game he has ever played.
                      It is one of those games that you have to really "buy into" the underlying concept of.

Comment

Isn't Panzer Dragoon Orta on xbox? If it is, and you can find it, I recommend it.

Comment

If you like or are interested in European Football(the round ball type), then the 'Championship Manager' games are one of the most indepth strat/management games on the xbox.
                          You can pick up one of the older seasons 2001/2002 etc very cheap now.

Still if thats your thing the PC versions offer more depth/adaptability, and a whole community dedicated to the games.

I saw 'Rocky' in my local store in the used/secondhand basket for £18, its a great mp game and the single player is fun too(My girlfriend kicks my ass at it ).
                          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Outlaw Golf
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

games i play on my xbox:

soul calibur 2
                              dead or alive 3
                              CvS:EO
                              freedom fighters
                              GTA:both orig and vice
                              Madden
                              NBA 2k3