what was the best PC game of 2003?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what was the best PC game of 2003?

Can include Xpacks, sequels, ports, new games, all genres, whatever.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

I'll go with Victoria. Paradox is always a safe bet.

Was Hearts of Iron 2002 or 2003?
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Civ III: Conquests?

I wouldn't be able to tell, I didn't play any of the 2003 PC games (except for C3C, of course).

I wonder if KOTOR is really all that the magazines and gamesites say it is.
      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Morrowind: Bloodmoon (only because Morrowind is older than 2003).

Freelancer is a solid game, but it can't make it to the best game because of several shortcomings that could have been averted with not so much extra work.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Alex
          I don't read those things, but it is a great fun game. Currently playing through as a dark side scoundrel/consular female.

Comment

call of duty

Comment

it is but it isnt all at the same time. you just have to play it.

I vote for Morrowind:GOTY for X-box. (that came out last year didnt it spiff?)

Comment

I bought three NEW games I can think of.

Temple of Elemental Evil
                MoO3
                GalCiv

I think everything else I got is at least from 2002 or before.

Well, of those 3, I'd say GalCiv is a good candidate for the best game of 2003.

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Victoria from Paradox, and even more after some patches I guess, as their games generally become better and better for each of them!
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                    Victoria from Paradox, and even more after some patches I guess, as their games generally become better and better for each of them!
                    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                      I bought three NEW games I can think of.

Temple of Elemental Evil
                      MoO3
                      GalCiv
                      Ouch.
                      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

C3C or Disciples II with 3 addons.

Comment

The only releases of 2003 I bought and still find worthwhile are KOTOR, Freelancer, Civ III Conquests and NWN Hordes of the Underdark.

Though most of the above definitely had their shortcomings, none of them disappointed me.

I did buy others (eg. Warcraft III: Frozen Throne, NWN Shadows of Undrentide and Age of Mythology: The Titans but they weren't as great and I'm not playing them nearly as much.
                          "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                          "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                          "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Warcraft TFT
                            Conquests

Nothing else springs to mind.

Comment

TFT. Defintely.
                              :-p

Comment

Working...
                              X