No announcement yet.

Xbox Live Apolytoners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the last time.... Voice chat in PC is EASY! PLENTY of third party vchat programs you can run on the background... I use to vchat in CS when I used to play... (thats was before 1.0!)

I hate crimson skies too. I can see how other ppl could like it, but I find it boring too....
    :-p

Comment

Voice chat may be easy on the PC, but it's not ubiquitous. That's the killer for it.

With Live everyone's got voicechat, and it's integrated into all of the games. No ****ing around with background programs. Plus it's got a very easy way to mute any player you want easily across ALL games on Live, very important for the idiots...

Zero: You've played crimson skies for Xbox?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Unreal tourney is the only one.
        The "I'll swallow your soul" line is truly iconic.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          Voice chat may be easy on the PC, but it's not ubiquitous. That's the killer for it.

With Live everyone's got voicechat, and it's integrated into all of the games. No ****ing around with background programs. Plus it's got a very easy way to mute any player you want easily across ALL games on Live, very important for the idiots...

Zero: You've played crimson skies for Xbox?
          Yeah you're right. Forcing everyone to have vchat DOE make it so much better than PC.

Yeah. Played it at CompUSA. Its not much playing time to judge the game, but from what I played i concluded i wont like it . It seems it could be fun though. Maybe im just being biased cause ive been turned off by flight sims lately... (perhaps a new wing commander series could come up to change all this? )

Comment

Crimson Skies is more of a FPS in multiple dimensions than a flight simulator.

It's incredibly arcadey and camp but damn, is it fun online.

There's more to it than just dogfights, there's also modes like CTF.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Obviously i havent tried the multiplayer @ compUSA.
              And I have admitted that I jumped to conclusion way too early.
              I already mentioned that I can see potential for this game too.

So i'll take your word for it and give this game a retry. Sometime later I'll rent it and explore it a bit more.

Comment

One thing I didn't expect in it is how some planes have some turrets on them, and you can actually switch to these turrets in multiplayer mode to use them (to shoot at someone on your tail, for instance).

There's also assorted turrets (flak, cannon, machine gun, remote-control-rocket, etc) on most levels on the ground somewhere that you can enter.

In order to get more kills than deaths you'll need to master lots of the special moves, like the Immelman, which are possible simply by clicking in the right thumbstick and pressing down.

Comment

Working...
                X