No announcement yet.

The Dungeon of Apolyton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally bought the game,, once i get internet access at home i will doenlaod this little beauty...

hope jamksi still puts me in next installment even though my posts upset him
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Yeah, its only your posts though, not you

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• He'll just make you die in a very violent manner.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• A character who spams lightly painful arrrows in all directions wherever he is could be quite funny.

Comment

• Finally got my hands on NWN - SOU, so I played the Dungeon for the past hours. Good work Jam: the dungeons lasts long, and the difficulty is well balanced . The characters get XP and items quite quickly, but then again, the monsters progress quite quickly as well.

Besides, some things are really hilarious. I think Arrian is my favorite character

However, there are a few annoying bugs...
            - I never managed to speak with Aaglo (there's the blurb in German saying there's a problem with the mod)
            - When I take xenobrew and go to UR, the same blurb appears.
            - I brought Doc's head to Skanky, and I brought Skanky's wine to your wife, yet Skanky wouldn't open me the door (fortunately, I could bash it): he always ask if I found DrSpike, and I can only reply that I wet my pants (although I did kill him)
            - I met ADG after killing Fez first. Same blurb.
            - Jessica Rabbit after killing Fez first. Same blurb.
            - Jamski right at the entrance of lvl 11. Same blurb.
            - A really annoying bug: I have killed Trip in lvl 11 because he couldn't bear my good character to try talk some sense with Tass. And now, all civilians are against me. I had to take another save, before Osweld's quest, to solve it.

I think that's all I saw tonight. Other than that, great job
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• You HAVE to speak to people in the right order Spiff (untill I finally get off my arse and completly re-write this whole section) otherwise it won't advance the variable needed to get people off the "default" conversations. If you miss one step, the whole lot is ruined.

I really need to rip that whole dialog tree (tree? its a blinking spiderweb) right out and replace it with a more structured system.

Trip I know about, its the same bug as Vlad.

Anyway - if you had fun, then my mission is fufulled

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor

- I brought Doc's head to Skanky, and I brought Skanky's wine to your wife, yet Skanky wouldn't open me the door (fortunately, I could bash it): he always ask if I found DrSpike, and I can only reply that I wet my pants (although I did kill him)
                How many reloads?

Comment

• Originally posted by centrifuge
                  Okay, I just finished a short killing spree through apolyton town, an Skanky's bar, I attacked everyone that I saw , which means R.I.P. to Maniac.
                  How dare you!?
                  /me grabs his axe and charges at centrifuge...
                  Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                  Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• Originally posted by Maniac

How dare you!?
                    * Maniac grabs his axe and charges at centrifuge...

The undead have risen

*Centrifuge searches frantically for his crucifix, while trying not to wet his pants...

Comment

• Originally posted by Doc
                      How many reloads?
                      Zero. I had to reload quite a few times to get LeChuck, and to kill your girlfriend, but the fight against you was extremely easy: maybe because I could attack you immediately without being bothered by too many henchmen (you died about as quickly as the average henchman). What exactly makes you dangerous?
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

• No idea, other than the fact the creator said I was quite tough.

Comment

• Notes for v2.0 - make Doc slightly harder.

Spiffor - what about all Doc's crazy hordes of Elite Orc Archers? Did you not get pin-cushioned just trying to get close to him?

-Jam

Comment

• I am a cleric, I have big armour and shield. The elite archers hardly hit me. The elite grunts were much more of a pain, as I don't hurt too much (mace +3, and strength modifier +2).
                            Given the objects he dropped, I suppose DrSpike was an electricity-based foe. Had I suffered from his electrical attacks, I'd have trouble I think.

Also, had I been hit more often by his archers, I could have had more trouble healing myself.

BTW, could you explain me how spells work in D&D: I don't understand how many spells a day I can launch, and how to increase this amount...

Comment

• Aside from that, I tried to kill LotM's wife after my triumph over DrSpike. She's frigging HARD! She hits me once every two attempts, and she always do something like 15-20 damage, with henchmen who are also powerful like that. Many, many reloads.

Worse, she nearly always manged to interrupt my heling spells when I cast them in the middle of the melee (concentration 8 + very high wisdom). That helped making her incredibly hard.

Also: the undead pirates in level 8 aren't considered undead: my "turn undead" doesn't work on them at all, and the specific bonuses of my mace don't help.

One last thing I can think of: I went back to see Kody before killing Vovan, with his mace equipped. I said I give it back to him in the dialog box, and he thanked me. Yet, I kept the mace equipped, and couldn't interact with Kody anymore.

Comment

• So LotM's wife is tougher than a big bad orc? Jaaaaaaamskiiiiii!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X