No announcement yet.

The Dungeon of Apolyton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nah, I was a cleric. I hadn't noticed that the pesky things were hitting me more than should be expected until I had almost no HPs left :doh:
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré

Comment

• now where in the hell is that link to the dungeon of Apolyton? It used to be in a topped thread. I couldn't find it at Neverwinter Vault

I originally had it, but then I changed computers.

I thought I had successfully transferred all my save files and modules, but somehow they disappeared. I've had a problem with disappearing files on this computer (some of my favourites folders have disappeared). Eventually I'll get around to putting my old hard drive back in and transferring again. but I'm lazy, and probably won't get to it until this weekend.

Comment

• Look in my sig, Dissident, or take this link

Have some fun

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Okay I've restarted. A similar character. But this time I'm a dwarven ranger/rogue.

The only trouble I've had is the disease from ghouls. There were no lesser restoration available. There was a greater restoration but that was ridiculously expensive. I had to exploit the asmodian potions to get enough money to cure my disease.

Next up was Vovan. He was getting criticals on me like crazy. I had to sacrifice Straybow to get him. But he went down. The cool thing is straybow has a really cool bow. I am primarily using that now for ranged combat. I'm also using his studded leather armour.

next up was Tassadar. He wasn't bad. I was able to get away from his first attack after talking to him. And I just used hit and run with my bow. Never took a hit. Good thing zombies are slow. I used my bow for almost the entire level since zombies are so slow.

so now I'm done with the first 3 levels. Time to go to bed though. Got to go to work tomorrow.

P.S. There is one typo on level 2 I think. I believe it is when you talk to the ghost. Their is spelled thier. Other than the german, I haven't noticed any other dialogue discrepancies.

Comment

• Well, since I got HOTU yesterday, I can start work on the new improved Dungeon of Apolyton today. As well as fixing bugs I want to add at least 50 new items, half a dozen new side quests and a while bunch of 'poly people

You can get Greater Restoration for free at anytime from the two priests in the game, in the brothel and in Apolyton Town. Sorry, but if you get wacked early on with a sickness its hard luck.

Vovan is a *****. It has to be said

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• ooh ooh, can I be in it?
              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Sure. A wizard using Cold spells, I assume?

-Jam

Comment

• Cold mostly, but with some fire just to throw people
                  Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Yeah Drogue had a typo with the word medium.

I'm in the town of Apolyton you have noticed.

I'll stip here for the night. It's a big town, lots more to explore.

I'm still not sure if I should sign with the mafia. That seems the evil way.

Those badgers sure could be tough. Luckily I had a certain ring. I never did see what happens if I just gave it to the guy.

And I hope Asher isn't important. He bit it when I lured the polar bear his way. But I got the killing blow. That's all that's important. I wanted the experience .

Also a couple of items in the Apolyton town (I can't remember the shop off hand) had weird prices. One was just regular studded leather armour, but it was listed as studded leather armour +3. So I can understand why that was cheap. Also some mages robes +2, and some sling were 0 gold to buy.

Comment

• Sometimes you spot a bargain, eh

And you can let the bears and penguins eat Asher (except the magic bear, of course)

-Jam

Comment

• oh I forgot.

Cattie doesn't like you using animal empathy on her

I did recruite the Jamski's dog in the battle against Kobolbs. The dog eventually bit the dust.

Comment

• okay. Down to level 9 now.

One thing I've noticed is there is no penalty for respawn. I never respawn in Neverwinter Nights, but it is mighty tempting to do it here. But I reloaded instead. That seems a bit fairer. If you respawn essentually you have unlimited hit points to do the tough battles.

And a few of those battles on level 8 were a little tough for my ranger/rogue. Mainly when I get flanked by 2 or more people. I get hit pretty hard as a ranger/rogue still wearing studded leather armour +1 (from Straybow)

But I'm done with that, and I killed a spider on level 9 now.

Time to get some sleep.

Comment

• If your still wearing that crappy armour, may I recommend a visit to one of the shops in Apolyton Town?

The respawn thing is deliberate, if you don't like it, don't use it

And I can't beleive you got my dog killed, you bastard

-Jam

Comment

• umm, Mr. Jamski sir, the umm, the umm kobalds got your dog when I went through too...

*Centrifuge runs away crying*

Comment

• Another thing to add to v2.0 :

If my dog or cat dies, then the player moves FIFTY points towards evil, and loses all their gold

-Jam

Comment

Working...
                                X