No announcement yet.

The Dungeon of Apolyton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for the lack of replys. I don't need a hint, it's just that I'm trying to go through with a level 1 character, and it's harder than I expected. That, and school started.
    Pick up all the junk on level 1, sell it to Asmodean, and buy some decent armour and weapons. If its still too hard, then its my fault

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• MattH, I've added you on the second level near the start. You give 2000 EXP to the PC if they need it and then run away. People can always say no if they don't think its too hard, but the extra level will cancel itself out by level 8 or so because of the Challenge Rating System.

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• Progress report?
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• 95% finished. Beta v1.3 will come out on Friday, and assumming MattH doesn't find any huge bugs at the weekend, Apolyton Dungeon v1.0 will be released early next week.

New features :
          • Good and evil options, leading through to final scene (neutral still to be added, but that's the dull option)
          • Mafia and Moderator quests added.
          • Total re-vamp of early levels (to make them a bit less dull)
          • More sub-quests.
          • More HIDDEN sub-quests.
          • More Lollypops (everyone cheers)
          • Communist Zombie AI tweaked to the point of stupidity.
          • Some decent Rogue gear added (still need some mage gear I suppose)
          • Lots of 'poly posters added, including everyone who requested it in this thread.
          • More bloody stupid in-jokes added.

There will probably be a v1.1 (and maybe a v1.2) as more people play it and more problems are found.

-Jam

Comment

• Snubbing all us Civ2 fanatics, hmmm?

Definitely not a troll, nor a commie.
            I could be a low level spam badger.
            I could be a settler. With a bow.

You need ixnay in there, too. Maybe working in one of the shops making side deals?
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Ixnay is in, don't worry. He's pretty important as well - he wants you to kill PANAG! (and other things) - this is the GOOD option too

Straybow, you can be a settler with a bow. Done.

BTW, ROTFLMAO every time I meet Boris and MrFun You have to hear it *s*******

-Jam

Comment

• I propose he is the town's absent-minded artist, who when he isn't working walks around muttering 'bloody spam badgers' under his breath.

Edit: I see Jamski has already included him.

Comment

• I propose he is the town's absent-minded artist, who when he isn't working walks around muttering 'bloody spam badgers' under his breath.
                  Nice character idea - Just need the right name to go to it. Ixnay is mixed up in too many dialogs to root out now

Progress Report :

If I can get 11 NPCs and their dialogs/items/stuff/scripts added today, and one area, and all the scripts work and all the triggers fire... then Beta v1.3 will go to the testers tonight about 8pm GMT. If they go fast, we could get a Monday release of Apolyton Dungeon v1.0

Better stop posting and start scripting, eh?

Any more suggestions get them to me fast or they may have to wait for the first "patch"

-Jam

Comment

• So am I in the game yet?
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• This mod is going to give me the push needed to buy NWN

Can I be an absent minded chemist selling potions somewhere

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski
                        Nice character idea - Just need the right name to go to it. Ixnay is mixed up in too many dialogs to root out now
                        Monolith 94 is an obvious "Apolyton town absent minded artist"
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• So am I in the game yet?
                          Of course.

Can I be an absent minded chemist selling potions somewhere
                          Of course

Monolith 94 is an obvious "Apolyton town absent minded artist"
                          Of course

Ok - now closed for additions for v1.0 - any further ideas may be in v1.1 I'm running internal tests this weekend, and external straight after. Release will be soon... start getting excited.

-Jam

Comment

• /me gets excited
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski
                              - he wants you to kill PANAG!
                              We get to kill panag in this dungeon?

Comment

• Ixnay is in, don't worry. He's pretty important as well - he wants you to kill PANAG!
                                ... The evil grinning demon whose name must not be uttered, lest he appear called P-A-N-A-G?

or is this some different panag?
                                -->Visit CGN!
                                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                                X