Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrSpike
    Personally I blame the Sunday gamers.
    LOL...I am one of them. I buy as many games as the next man, but I only seem to find time to play them on Sunday.

Well you try fitting a full time job with taking care of an 18 months old - and finding time for gaming as well.

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Ah, but you are not a Sunday gamer, just a gamer who often only has time to play on Sundays. There is a huge difference. The Sunday Gamer (TM) concept speaks about who you are, not when you play.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
        Ah, but you are not a Sunday gamer, just a gamer who often only has time to play on Sundays. There is a huge difference. The Sunday Gamer (TM) concept speaks about who you are, not when you play.
        console gamers or people who occasionally buy a PC game?
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Trajanus
          I don't understand how they can lose so much money so quickly, somebody explain this to me!

I mean these guys were the top!
          On what is all that cash wasted I really wonder..
          You spend alot of resources on developing a game and then dont have anything you can bring to market, so you get not a penny of revenue on it.

While this could be seen as a "deathknell of PC gaming story" it could also be "a what the f**k are they thinking at Wizards of the Coast" story.

I admit to occasionally feelling queasy getting so much enjoyment from a game (BG1) produced in cooperation with the evil people who destroyed SPI.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

"A host of top-quality talent has fled the studio, including legendary producer Feargus Urqhart"

So where did he go? Remember the real deathknell is NOT when firms go belly up - in an industry dominated by small firms with few capital assets, thats going to happen all the time - the question is "Is talent leaving the industry" - particularly is the design talent going to console games instead.

Of course black isle was already doing console games IIUC - the console versions of BG and Fallout. SO this may be seen equally as a loss for console gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
              "A host of top-quality talent has fled the studio, including legendary producer Feargus Urqhart"

So where did he go? Remember the real deathknell is NOT when firms go belly up - in an industry dominated by small firms with few capital assets, thats going to happen all the time - the question is "Is talent leaving the industry" - particularly is the design talent going to console games instead.

Of course black isle was already doing console games IIUC - the console versions of BG and Fallout. SO this may be seen equally as a loss for console gaming.

Good news - urqhart is at a startup, that will be making RPG's.

http://www.obsidianent.com/

Comment

"HomeLAN - Why did Obsidian Entertainment wish to ally themselves with BioWare?

Feargus Urquhart - What Bioware and Obsidian like about working together is that we have known each other for coming up on ten years and we have built up a lot of trust and respect. I think our talents really complimented each other.

HomeLAN - In terms of support and help, what exactly will BioWare's support of Obsidian be like?

"Feargus Urquhart - We are still talking about things, so there really isn't much in the way of details yet.

HomeLAN - How many people are currently on board at Obsidian and are some of them from your Black Isle Studios days?

Feargus Urquhart - As of next Monday we will have twelve people working for the company and I'm sure that people would recognize some familiar names and faces. However, we are doing our best to review any applicants that come our way, so we can build a new studio that is not a version of Black Isle just down the street."

Comment

Working...
                X