Temple of Elemental Evil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temple of Elemental Evil

Anyone here have it? Played it? What's it like? Yay or nay?

I think 3.5ed rules sound interesting.

I asked the same question just recently. You might want to check out this thread:

For some responses.
    XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

Comment

I asked the question recently as well

Comment

If you don't want to read all the comments in the other thread, my basic response was

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

it's bad?? => arguments?

I have it on my HD, but I need to find some time to play it, which will not be easy, as exams are coming up soon + I have to write a huge paper
          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

You'll only need about 10-12 hours to finish it, don't stress about the exam (hint, take a fighter heavy party, its all close combat really)

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Haven't played it yet. Sounds interesting.

Comment

Damn Jam you're going super negative on this. No way does it take 10-12 hours unless you go straight for the throat and ignore everything else.
                To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                H.Poincaré

Comment

wel jam is an experienced RPG player... Maybe he should raise the difficulty to maximum or iron man
                  "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                  "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Grumbold, if you go straight for the throat you can do this in 30 minutes with a level 1 thief (*sigh*I mean "rogue")

Ironman was just too frustrating, because of the occasional crash when leaving areas, resulting in corrupted autosaves = start over. That got old.

-Jam

Comment

The game totally lacks in finesse. I got an invisible character chart out a whole level without being attacked, and then wondered 'Why should he even start a fight?' Then found out there was nothing to do except kill monsters. So I brought up the fighters and the walking fireball (I mean, sorcerer). I may finish the game once just to see, but it's getting boring just to kill monsters with 5 fireballs, go back to Hommlet. Sleep safely. Come back. Wonder in awe why the guards didn't see half of them died yesterday. Kill one more room, and repeat... Hmmm...
                      Clash of Civilization team member
                      (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                      web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

I was very disappointed. I expected a lot, and I guess most people got what they wanted but... it's the whole D&D thing, I'm not too big fan of it.
                        It's the whole deal with experience points etc..

IIRC I played Hârn a lot, and we had a very very skilled and experienced and motivated GM and it was reaaaaally good. We sometimes had 10 players..
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Ok, desicion made... I will wait until it is cheap.

Oh, and sorry for the blindness I had while posting this thread. I actually did look through the forum here and didn't see the fact that there were 2 other threads that were the same thing. Ooops.

Comment

Working...
                          X