No announcement yet.

GLADIATORS - 'poly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About the action pool >> I guess it depends on how much it was set to change... if it was set to a standard on each win makes the pool grow with 1, it makes no difference... but if it depends on how much you win it might be interesting...
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

After reading the rules I'm not really sure how much the action pool was supposed to increase between fights anyway, even in Jamski's original free-for-all structure.

Comment

BTW, a player reduced to 1 APP is so badly wounded he can't fight. He can either put his one point in attack OR power OR defend. Whichever he can't bring anyone down. The other player can kill him at his lesiure, unless he's too badly wounded too. Then we'd have to have a replay once they were healed.

APP's were supposed to increase by one for a win, and decrease by one for chickening out of a fight. But in a knockout everyone will be at the same level. So all fights in the first round with 10 APP's, second round with 11 APP's and final with 12 APP's. The winner will have 13 APP's but noone left to kill

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

So Jamski and I are fighting in this round, and Spikie is the umpire?

Ok then, orders sent (in a second).

I request the name-change to Skanky Meridius - easier for me to recognise that name.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
            APP's were supposed to increase by one for a win, and decrease by one for chickening out of a fight. But in a knockout everyone will be at the same level. So all fights in the first round with 10 APP's, second round with 11 APP's and final with 12 APP's. The winner will have 13 APP's but noone left to kill
            How about if the winner gets 50% of his left over energy as bonus for future games?

If someone gets a flawless victory in first round, he'll get 5 more energy for next round... It's always rounded down (?) though => If one wins with 5 he only gets 2...

Comment

today's bread and circuses

Countrymen, we have a grand bout to the death between Jamskius Maximus and Skanky Meridius.

The centurion, just back from quelling the barbarian hordes, looks as hard as steel as he circles Jamskius, a once fearsome general. Surely the ageing general must be the underdog, but, the bouts are of a method of his own devising, and as such he must have a trick or two up his sleeve.

Suddenly, the circling stops and there is a flurry of activity!

Both men score hits, but Jamskius only inflicts a glancing blow, doing 1 damage. Skanky lands a full swing of his mighty sword, resulting in 4 damage.

They begin to circle again.................

Comment

I'll take ADG Mysterius vs Sheepus of Germania

When shall we have this battle?

Asmodean
                Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Start as soon as you like...........no point doing the battles in order I think.

However it could get chaotic, so clearly indicate the match and which round it is and how many points each player has at the start of the round.

Comment

PM sent to Asmodean

Comment

PM sent to Spikie.

Quoth Skanky Meridius "No-one goes up against my might sword without paying a terrible price!"
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

ADG...I have received your PM. Sheep is probably sleeping right now, so we'll have to wait untill evening to start the bout

Also: My parents are visiting today, so I'll probably not be online that much today. Things look better tomorrow

Asmodean
                        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Almost same here... I'm going to visit my parents, so I wont have much online time either

Comment

Must be the same story with Jamski. I mean, one taste of my cold hard steel shouldn't cause him to run screaming into the night...

Comment

If it's not too late...

Tyndareus Antleridus wishes to fight someone. Preferably another newbie.
                              oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

We are all newbies at the moment.
                                Although Jamski and I have played 1 round so far, so I guess we are the most experienced players.

Comment

Working...
                                X