Command & Conquer: Generals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command & Conquer: Generals

If I'm thinking about the right one, this is the one where you can play as America, China, or some terrorist group.

Any opinions on it? I know it's been out for a while but it just got ported to the Mac and while I can't run it (system requirements issues) I'd just like opinions on it.

It's one of the first C&C games available for Mac, and so I'm actually just curious about the entire line now.
    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

I think it's pretty boring...

I have only played about 50% of one of the campaigns, but got pretty bored...

Don't ask me about MP though, I don't know others who plays RTS games more than 1 time a year... And I don't play online...

Dune 2 is much better, even though the graphics are a "little" out of date...
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

It's crap. The Zero Hour expansion (stand alone? ) can be fun, however.

The original is nothing special, and the GDL nonsense ruins any potential it had. I felt like like the campaigns where designed by rumsfield or something.

I never got around to the campaigns in Zero Hour, but there's an american general that specializes in weapons of mass destruction, so they seem to have atleast gotten a sense of humour and droped the demonizing.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

The Single Player game its self is very poor compared to other C&C games. However I think the Multiplayer game can be fun, unless your planing on playing Multiplayer then i really would buy this game, in fact, even if you was going to play multiplayer i still wouldnt buy this game as im sure there are other games where you money would be spent more wisely.
        Then i remembered thinking to myself "Holy Jesus what are these god damn animals"----> "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"

Comment

That's the thing, on a Mac I don't have as many options, which is why I was curious about the first C&C game ported over.

Comment

Even if other C&C games were ported, I wouldn't buy them if I were you... I have yet to see a C&C or Red Alert game that's fun for more than 10 minutes...

Comment

I like Stronghold... are they anything like that?

Comment

Nope, they're completely different (Stronghold is the game where you build a castle, right?)

Comment

/me nods.

Along with units to take over enemy castles. I suppose it's more in the style of warcraft, just with the bonus of building yourself a castle to protect everything.

Comment

wow so much truth has been stated above.

It would have been good to have seen these reviews before I slung 100 aussies over the counter.

FlameFlash, save your money.... the makers of C&C games are not in it for the players... not at all.

Try and get your hands on a copy of the original game...
                    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Yeah i agree.

C&C Generals ain't that great at all. Neithers Zero Hour. Even though i have heard that this was better than the original Generals.

I have yet to see a C&C or Red Alert game that's fun for more than 10 minutes...
                      Come on, these games where basic but they weren't that bad.

Comment

Sure, if Dune 2+ didn't exist I might have found them funny, but I'll prefer to play Dune 2+

Comment

Fair enough, each to their own.

I didn't mind the red alerts, i clocked all these games which is rather unusual for me. Didn't clock Yuri's Revenge though. Tiberian sun was kinda fun as well. Again didn't clock the expansion though.

Comment

Many thanks on all the reviews guys.

Comment

It's very fun. The only complaint I have is the lack of USA anti-infantry defensive structures.

Be sure your computer can handle it however...lots of ram, a good vid card and decent cpu.

If you like RTS c&c games, this is your bag.
                              While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Working...
                              X