This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sheep
    Umm then the Mafia wins, because all the villagers are dead.
    Some more thought needs to be given to the rules. Earlier when you said both die if there is a tie in the townspersons' votes I thought it sounded strange. And clearly if all get one vote then all die, including the Mafia!

Presumably a Reservoir Dogs standoff.

This has to be the last chance the villagers have, and if they get it wrong then the mafia just kills the last remaining villager and wins. So in that case the Mafia does have to survive to last to win.

But you need to decide why the mafia wins if the vote is tied. And, what is more, your proposed system of breaking ties at any stage ruins things, since the even number of players at the start ensures that the townspeople are voting at 3 persons left, not the mafia killing. This is the way it has to be, so the earlier proposed method makes no sense.

Comment

• I think it should be as follows:

The mafia votes last, and will win unless the villagers both vote for him, since he will just vote for the villager that was voted for if it is required.

For ties earlier on I don't know..........you could get the other voters to break the tie, or you could use past votes.

Comment

• Sorry Spikie, I thought it was you, me and Skanky left for some reason.

How about.... if the vote is a tie NOONE is killed by the townspeople that day, as they have no clear marjority. The next night the Mafia kills again, and the people vote again.

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• You can't do that because for consistency you always want the townpeople to vote when there is an odd number, and the mafia to kill when there is an even number. I know I'm dead, but my posts still show up right?

Comment

• I have the solution for this problem lined up for "Mafia 2" - but you'll all have to wait untill Spaced Cowboy has voted to see what it is. Its simple, but elegant.

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• BTW. Next round I will be asking you all to play again. Except for the few people whom have not said enough. We can again make this a 16 villager game.

I am pming Spaced Cowboy.
              Don't tell a twisted person he is twisted, he may take offence. (THAT MEANS ME!)
              Founder of the Mafia Poly Series (THATS RIGHT I STARTED IT)
              Nesing, come and see what its about in the Stories and Diplomacy threads.

Comment

• OK, but You should use my "Mafia 2 rules" that avoid the tied-vote problem.

Mafia 2 Rules :

One person is elected Sheriff by the village at the start of the game. In the event of a tie when voting the mafia off, the sheriff can choose between the tied candidates.
                In the event of the sheriff's death, he should appoint a deputy either before he dies, or by "leaving a will"
                If the only two players left are the sherrif and the Mafia, then the mafia kills the sheriff first It is possible that the Mafia is elected as sheriff, and then they are set up really Although it will be suspicious if the mafia DON'T kill the sheriff.

Tied game problem solved.

Optional rule :

Each player has 3 units of "bribe money". All bribes must be in the public forum, and consist of player A giving player B x units of bribe money to vote for player C. In the event that the village wins and the mafia is defeated, then the villager with the most pocketed bribe money is the winner

Comments?

-Jam

Comment

• This really comlicated things.
                  Don't tell a twisted person he is twisted, he may take offence. (THAT MEANS ME!)
                  Founder of the Mafia Poly Series (THATS RIGHT I STARTED IT)
                  Nesing, come and see what its about in the Stories and Diplomacy threads.

Comment

• I don't like the bribe thing... but the sherif thingy sounds good
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• Well the sheriff makes things easier. The bribe money's just an idea, but who WOULDN'T want to bribe people to thier point of view (while at the same time getting poorer)

-Jam

Comment

• Or we could use bribe money, but those who are against it get no bribe money to spend, and may not be bribed. They could be "incorruptable"

-Jam

Comment

• I don't really see the point of the sheriff thing. Better IMO is reacting to ties by putting forward the tied villagers and asking villagers who voted for neither to switch to one or the other. Since there is always an odd number of voters this is fine. When the game gets to 3 players it is addressed as I suggest above.

Comment

• Because having a sheriff is FUN! Even with a odd number of voters its possible to have a tie in every round (because there can be more than 2 candidates)

-Jam

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski
                              Because having a sheriff is FUN!
                              You're just trying to live out those cowboy fantasies you had as a child.

Your friends always wanted you to be the indian I bet.

Comment

• I didn't have any friends

Actually I was ALWAYS the sheriff

So... is Spaced Cowboy EVER going to vote?

-Jam

Comment

Working...
                                X