Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it I'm a very good driver in real life but can't drive on computer games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it I'm a very good driver in real life but can't drive on computer games?

This in partial response to the Grand Theft Auto game. I suck at that game.

I can drive real good in real life. And not just at normal speeds. I drive very fast and take corners very fast. But I can't drive worth a **** on computer games. Why not? Why are cars so hard to control on computer games? I had the same problem with Nascar and that Interstate 79 game whatever it was called. This is the reason why I never buy racing games. It would help if I could "feel" the road I suppose.

Do you use brakes?
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Maybe it's because real life is not a computer game.

Comment

Ever tried a FF Wheel?
        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
          Maybe it's because real life is not a computer game.
          Surely you jest.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

are you using the keyboard? that'd be the reason.
            Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Yeah, most people don't use a keyboard and mouse to drive thier car.

MOST people don't...

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                Yeah, most people don't use a keyboard and mouse to drive thier car.

MOST people don't...

-Jam
                I occasionally use a keyboard to drive in Grand Prix 3, and I'm very good at it, thank you. Of course, I have steering help and throttle help both turned on.
                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

But you don't drive your CAR with a keyboard, I hope?

-Jam
                  1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                  That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                  Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

You have to use an analogue device of some sort for driving games. I expect Diss would fare better with a wheel and pedals.

Comment

Not yet..not yet
                      -
                      And I finally get those (cheap ) sheep remarks , damn avatars..
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I was asking the sheep if I could borrow his/her car.

Honest.

-Jam

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski

-Jam
                          I tried to do it once, but I always pressed the Windows key at the wrong moment, and the car screeched to a halt while a voice said "this car has performed an illegal operation and had to be stopped".
                          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                            You have to use an analogue device of some sort for driving games. I expect Diss would fare better with a wheel and pedals.
                            damn. Good thing i got streets of simcity as part of a simania pack, and didnt spendt a lot on it. Havent installed it yet - will soon - its my first driving game.

Long live Will Wright
                            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

actually even playing with a X-Box controller, I fare just as badly. And I used a controller for PC games as well.

You just cannot mimic real life road conditions on a computer game.

Comment

Working...
                              X