Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles demo

Has anyone else tried it?

I just tried it a few minutes ago. It wasn't anything special, but it still reminds me of the good ol' days, since the gameplay is basicly the same

Most of the graphics are descent done, though the buildings and cars looks too simple

This game is only for those who loved the old game, if you're not a TMNT fan like me, you'd probably get bored within the first minute. I doubt the fans of TMNT would keep coming back to this game though, doesn't seem like having replay-value

So... anyone else tried it? Or are there no other TMNT fans on this site?
    This space is empty... or is it?

link

Comment

Yup, tried it the very day it came out. Sweet stuff, I tell you. I used to spend hours upon hours playing TMNT on my NES back then... And I loved the demo, too. I think the graphics are pretty cool, and the slashing action is sweet. Though I didn't like the sounds Leo made one bit. Too much of the repeating ol' "Slice 'n' Dice!" and "One for you!". Bleh. But as soon as I got some Motörhead in the background instead, it got so much sweeter.

Played the demo a few times. Didn't once beat the second boss. Only damaged him a bit with the surikens (sp?) but other than that, couldn't hit him once with the blades. In the end, just jumped down in frustration, to meet the stomping death.

Any way, the demo was good FUN. But I am not sure I'll buy the full game. Not a big fun of two-button mashing any more. And besides, my poor laptop's keyboard complained after I'd been hitting that f for a couple hours.

Space,
      I haven't seen the demo on the official TMNT site, but it is available on the front page of Gamespot PC (http://pc.gamespot.com), though I am not sure if you have to be a member to get it.
      XBox Live: VovanSim
      xbox.com (login required)
      Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
      Spore page

Comment

I don't remember where I downloaded it from, it's a couple days since I got it, but haven't installed it before today...

I haven't been able to beat the second bos either, I've only hurt it once with the sword

I doubt I'll buy the game... It's probably much more fun playing 2 player, but since I don't know anybody else who liked the classic game, I doubt I'll be able to do it... unless it's playable online, which I doubt...

But yeah... the "Slice 'n' Dice", etc, shouting is getting pretty annoying after very short time

On a sidenote:

Has anyone seen the new cartoons of TMNT? I've heard they should be quite different than the original ones, so I'm not sure if I'll see it... if it ever comes to Denmark...

Comment

I just played the game for the second time, and finished off the second bos...

Comment

long live the Turtles...
            Gurka 17, People of the Valley
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

Glad to hear it's good.

Is it the same on all platforms/consoles?

I know there's a PS2 version that I'm considering for old times' sake (have all the NES and the one SNES one.)
              I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Is this like the arcade side scrollers or the original TMNT on the nes where you walked around a map for a while then switched to side-scrolling.

Comment

No, it's more like TMNT 2, which was side-scrolling all the way...

Comment

It's mostly side-scrolling, like ADG says, but there are a few places where the screen scrolls up and down. The game being 3D, they've added more twists to the map.
                    XBox Live: VovanSim
                    xbox.com (login required)
                    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                    Spore page

Comment

Ah cool, those games were always a blast. Nothing like mindless entertainment for a while will ahve to download the demo.

If its good 2 player, may have to buy on the PS2 or cube.

Comment

I think it's only 2 player. I've only seen the PS2 and Xbox versions, but I'd wager the GC is 2 player as well.

I want a 4-player turtles game!

Comment

Ah NES nostalgia............seemingly everyone with a NES had this game.

Comment

Originally posted by vovansim
                            It's mostly side-scrolling, like ADG says, but there are a few places where the screen scrolls up and down.
                            They also had this in the old Turtles game, so nothing new about this...

Comment

Originally posted by ADG

They also had this in the old Turtles game, so nothing new about this...
                              /me nods.

Does it have a skateboarding stage? Can't have a Turtles game without that, you know.

Comment

Working...
                              X