Madden 2K4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madden 2K4

Ok. My school is BIG on this game and theres alot of comp floating around campus. The problem is, I always sucked at football. Im not a complete newb to football but Im not a religious fan of it either. I think thats where I come short. I dunno too much advanced tactics and strategies as the guy im playing next to me.

but then again, im a big basketball fan yet cant compete agst hardcore NBA Live player for **** cause I just plain suck in that game and has nothing to do with my understanding of deep strats in that sports. It could be a game thing with madden, but who knows...

I wanna be able to compete at a decent level when the next big madden tournament surfaces on campus. So do you guys have general football strat tips, or even better strats Specific to madden 2k4?

and how come baseball games never get popular enough for large competition :complains:
    :-p

1) Compose your own playbook. It takes time, but I'm most comfortable with the plays I picked myself.

2) Learn and control your audibles. These are critical in-game.

3) On offense, don't go for the long plays and the Hail Marys; they take too much time, settle for short possession plays instead.

4) On defense, play around with different schemes, see what you feel confident with. Personally, I like playing 4-3, 46-BEARS, and Quarter. Yes, I like to blitz

Comment

ESPN NFL Football is better than Madden.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

bah!

madden 2004 got some great reviews from CGW

I am thinking about getting this game. I was in a real football mood today. Some good early games today.

How are the crouds and other environmental effects? I was watching the Jacksonville game and it was funny how the croud (what little of it there was) was booing even though Jacksonville was keeping the game close and there was plenty of time left.

I like making the opposing croud boo when I'm playing Madden football . Of course I don't like it when my own croud boos.

Like I mentioned in another thread, I always have trouble passing the ball. My recievers never seem to catch the ball.

Is there a button you have to push for your recievers to actually catch a ball instead of it bouncing off their fingertips? I have trouble quickly switching the action to the recievers. There needs to be a pause button .

I can only go so far running the ball all the time . But I did pretty good with the 2000/1 Arizona Cardinals team (2000/1 is the last Madden game I got).

Also what guy do you guys normall control on defense? I am usually not fast enough to switch defensive players that fast. I usually just control a lineman. I like going for sacks.

What excites me the most is the management options with this game. Hopefully the management interface is a little better than it was in 2000/2001.

Comment

I don't really pay attention to the crowd, but the animations aren't very spectacular.

I have no trouble passing the ball, just throw to the open guy and hold down the button longer if you want to throw harder.
          They oughta catch automatically, unless they're sucky receivers.

Who I control on defense, depends on what scheme I'm running.
          If I'm running Cover-2, I'll usually take a lineman to rush the pass, but if I suspect a run, I'll take a linebacker to try and stop the runner behind the line of scrimmage.
          In some blitz formations, I take the main blitzer (safety, corner, or linebacker).

I don't know what the management option was like in '00/'01, but I really like the management option in '04.

Comment

Working...
          X