Etherlords II- thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Etherlords II- thoughts?

As the title says. I'd love to be able to download the demo and try it myself, but it's 198 MB and I have a 56K modem with an unstable connection (whenever I get a phone call on line 1, line 2's Internet disconnects.). Stupid graduation thingie! Why can't they separate it into digestable 30 MB chunks?

Anyway, both Penny Arcade & IGN liked it, but they liked MOO3 too, which was more mixed. However, the idea of Heroes of Might & Magic crossed with M:TG sounds good, being that I like both games. Anybody here tried it yet? I'm especially interested in how tough you think the AI is. Especially from people who can conquer SMAC with both hands tied behind their back.
    All syllogisms have three parts.
    Therefore this is not a syllogism.

I am also intrigued to see how it goes down amongst TBS gamers here, if any have got it. It looks like it's not my bag, but I'm not sure. Maybe.

Comment

A download manager will be able to get that file for you despite disconnects if you are patient. I usually download as I sleep, saves endless frustration.

Etherlords is something I still plan to get when its on budget and I have a spare £10, but I haven't done it yet.
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
      X