Winter is coming...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter is coming...

and I have money to burn, help me keep my sanity and suggest some good games.
    last time I ended up not getting anything because I..er..found a copy of UO and have been playing that for awhile. Im looking at EU, Hearts of Iron, and RON. Im definetly getting Hearts of Iron, not sure about EU or RON yet.

note
    I just stumbled upon American Conquest, looks good.
    This website is for sale! americanconquest.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, americanconquest.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Commandos 3 has just gone gold.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

You won't have time to play anything else after you get HoI. Its the most wonderful time-eating brilliant game.

I reccommend you get HoI and when (if) you have enough of that in about 6 months time, then look to see what new games have come out on the market.

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Re: Winter is coming...

Originally posted by Space05us
        I just stumbled upon American Conquest, looks good.
        http://www.americanconquest.com/

Yeah, it looks good and sounds good, but it's nothing special...

...and the addon sucks... With the addon installed I can't seem to get the autosave off... and the saving progress takes a loooong time... saving the game takes up too much of the time

I've only played very little with the addon, before I gave up on it because of the autosave... I didn't come to the part where new stuff appeired (Except for the new nations)
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

get soul calibur II. It's a god tier game.
          :-p

Comment

No no no, Simcity Deluxe
            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Hearts of Iron
              American Conquest
              Republic: The Revolution
              Civ3 (that new add-on, I figure its the second add-on and it includes the stuff from the first so why not)

I looked at Commandos 3, but it isnt even out yet and I dont like the idea of paying that much for a FPS, not even Rainbow Six or Ghost Recon are worth $50.

that should keep me busy for a little while, eh?

Comment

HoI sucks. It's sooo tedious to have to click EVERY province and click "Upgrade Industry"....Especially when your a huge SU.
                And the diplomacy in HoI, well, sucks.

EU2 all the way!!!
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Tass, have you seen or played this game before.

it seems like something that would interest you (and all of Apolyton really)

Comment

I'd love to get it, but the System Requirements are soooo high....I bairly meet minimum, and my experience with the latest games indicate that you should have something at least 1.5 times recommended.
                    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

IIRC most reviews said it was an interesting concept but overall only an average game.

Comment

The concept is what hooked my eye in the first place, I just hope I dont get it and its linear, I HATE games that look great but you get them and its like playing solitaire.

but we'll see, or at least I will.

Comment

Personally, I'm looking forward to the release of Victoria...

Paradox Interactive is a world leading PC games publisher known for games such as Cities: Skylines, Europa Universalis and Crusader Kings.

Comment

Space Rangers 2ominators. Aproximate release date is 30/01/2004
                            money sqrt evil;
                            My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

Personally I'd say that EU2 has far more repeat play potential than HoI, and its cheaper, which is an added bonus.

I'm hoping Crusader Kings or Victoria manage to release before Christmas. I haven't been watching them too closely of late because I think it takes the edge of excitement off a new game.
                              Last edited by Grumbold; October 14, 2003, 07:14.
                              To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                              H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
                              X