No announcement yet.

Halo for PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't install the Frame rate counter, but it seems to go very smoothly. Decent story as well (but nothing too special).

However, I'm getting annoyed at the game. The graphics are great, and the AI is pretty good, and it ain't too hard or easy, but DAMN, couldn't Bungie hire some decent level designers? The worst part of this game is the endlessly same-ish levels. It gets to the point where you are saying 'When will this damn level ****ing end!', which isn't something you want to say.

just in time to get a whole bunch of PC users hooked on Halo 1 because Halo 2 comes out on Xbox, and will never be out on PC, early next year -- and it looks way better.

Guess like I'll never play Halo 2 then, unless one of my friends down here gets an XBox and the game.

Of course the decision is made easier by the poor level design. On first glace, it's a great FPS, as you play it just becomes Above Average.

I have a feeling that Half Life 2 is going to totally blow Halo 2 out of the water if we have the same programmers on that one (though I still have to see if Half Life 2 can beat NOLF2).
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The level design was subpar due to time constraints -- Halo was supposed to have 30 levels, it ended up with 10 and much of them are just copy/pasted to make them larger.

Halo itself was totally scratched and rewritten in 10 months to meet the Xbox launch date, so the levels were one of the most time consuming things to do and they simply ran out of time.

Halo 2, they've had years for, so it'll be amazing.

I have a feeling that Half Life 2 is going to totally blow Halo 2 out of the water if we have the same programmers on that one (though I still have to see if Half Life 2 can beat NOLF2).

It'll be interesting, both look to be amazing games.
      I still think Halo 2 will vastly outsell Half-Life 2 though (both are coming out on Xbox).
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I'm surprised they can even do Half-Life 2 on the Xbox.
        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

You can do incredible things with the hardware when you can "write to the metal".

Look at Halo 2, Rallisport Challenge 2, etc. Simply amazing.

They look better than 99% of the PC games do on Radeon 9800 Pros, with a fraction of the memory and computing power.

Hooray for efficiency and consistent hardware!
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

640x480 always looks amazing.

Comment

It looks surprisingly good on the TV, because it was designed to fit in that resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Look at Halo 2, Rallisport Challenge 2, etc. Simply amazing.

They look better than 99% of the PC games do on Radeon 9800 Pros, with a fraction of the memory and computing power.
                I haven't seen any in-game footage. I heard Halo 2 looks amazing. I just hope you're right.
                Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Halo 2 looks sweet, but Half Life 2 looks even better. I need Rallisport Challenge 2 to come out. I destroyed the first one completely and I need new challenges and multiplayer .
                  "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Halo is an alright game, about as good as Half-Life in singleplayer regards from what I've seen so far. But the multiplayer sucks crap. Maybe it'll get interesting after mods are made, but untill then...
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Have you read about Halo 2's multiplayer modes, Osweld?

Halo's multiplayer was cheaply kludged on to meet the November 2001 release.

Comment

Halo itself was totally scratched and rewritten in 10 months to meet the Xbox launch date

So I can blame Microsoft?
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

You could, it'd be a tad misguided.

You should see the budget Bungie gets to play with, compared to what they had on their own.

Comment

Doesn't matter to me, because if Halo 2 is only for the XBox, I won't be playing it.

Comment

Your loss.

Comment

Bah, it's no Marathon.
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X