FighteRPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FighteRPG

Has there ever been a true RPG-fighting game combo? I mean, an RPG where, instead of turn-based battles or Zelda-style adventure, the screen switches to something like a one-on-one beat-'em-up like Tekken. The only such game that I know of is Granstream Saga, which is one of the worst games I've ever played.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

I played a game like that for the SNES but I don't remember the name.

I do rememebr that the main character had a pink tail for no apparent reason, however.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

You aren't referring to Star Ocean, are you? I never played it, but I know the main character is some kind of half-animal so that might be what you're referring to. If so, nah. Star Ocean and Tales of Phantasia were more like action-RPGs fought on a subscreen. How exactly did this old game flow? Did you have to enter combinations for special moves, like Down, Down-towards, Towards+A for Ken's Fireball in Street Fighter 2? Were there different types of attack, like punch and kick?
      Oh, wait, there were the "ninja boys" games, weren't there? Those were for the SNES too, though I don't think either of the two chars had a tail and the gameplay was highly simplified.
      1011 1100

Comment

No, not star ocean. The game played out just like any Final Fantasy type RPG, except that the combat was done in a side-view action game format. Maybe more like Double Dragon then Street fighter, though. As you would often be fighting more then one opponent and I don't think there was an abudnance of different moves. You could equip different weapons and armour like in most other RPGs, and the damage system worked in a similiar way as final fantasy. I don't remember if there was magic or special moves, however.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Was it this game?
          It sounds like what you're describing.
          1011 1100

Comment

Nope. Ninja Boy, if I am thinking of the right game, is just your standard action-rpg like Zelda or something.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Plus the ninja doesn't have a pink tail.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

How about 'Spirit of Excalibur' It so long since I played this one. Probably at least ten years.
                I think you went on quests to find the holy grail or something and when you ran into someone you would zoom in and try and wack them with your sword. Pretty basic but I enjoyed it.
                Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

SOul calibur has RPG like elements. But leveling ur character does nothing except open new missions.

VF4:evo has a mode where you level ur char as well.
                  :-p

Comment

Working...
                  X