Name the game - part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name the game - part 2

I start out, by writing a little about a game, the first one who guess's the game, may post some new game info, for others to guess...

Game rules:
    - Games are not allowed to be newer than Amiga games, but anything before that is allowed (No matter on which computer it was played on)
    - you shall write information about which computer you played it on
    - Don't write part of the name in the game info, unless there's no way to avoid it
    - Write as little as possible, if nobody can guess, write some more later
    - Try to keep games, to be from computers, most people have had...
    - If you're the first one to guess a game, and you're certain you're right, feel free to post your game info (In case you know you'll be leaving soon)... but other players are not allowed to start guessing, before the poster of the first question has approved the answer, or most other players approve the answer

Waiting for the first one to post some game info

Games guessed so far:

Code:
    Apidya				DrSpike
    Archon				Static Universe
    Bard's tale III			Static Universe
    Cannon Fodder			DrSpike
    Congo and Amazon		SCG
    Day of the Tentacle		Frustrated Poet
    Defenders of the Crown		DrSpike
    Double Dragon			DrSpike
    Dynamite Headdy			CygnusZ
    Fairlight			CapTVK
    FlashBack			Child of Thor
    Future Wars			CapTVK
    Imperium Galactum		CapTVK
    Impossible Mission		Static Universe
    Joust				SCG
    Knight Lore			Child of Thor
    Lure of the Temptress		FruestratedPoet
    M.U.L.E.			Child of Thor
    Mega-lo-Mania			Frustrated Poet
    Mercenary			Child of Thor
    Panzer Dragoon			FrustratedPoet
    Push Over			ADG
    Questron			CapTVK
    Rampage				Tuberski
    Reunion				NONE!
    Schorched Earth			DrSpike
    Sentinel			DrSpike
    Seven cities of gold		NONE!
    Sherlock Holmes			FrustratedPoet
    Skool Daze			DrSpike
    Speedball II			ADG
    Spelunker			DrSpike
    Spy vs Spy			Big Crunch
    Sundog				CapTVK
    Supercars			Sn00py
    Theatre Europe			DrSpike
    Tombstone City			SCG
    Twilight 2000			CapTVK

Sorry if I missed some... if I did, feel free to correct me
    Last edited by Adagio; September 27, 2003, 15:49.
    This space is empty... or is it?

I think it's still child of thor. Maybe he should repost his clues here? BTW, I didn't get anything out of them...
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Yeah CoT has one going.

Btw ADG you should add up the correct answers from the previous thread so I can see how much I won by.

Comment

Dr.Spike yeh that could be a fun thing to have - the winner after each 500 post total could get a mention and a (smilie)prize at the opening of the new thread

Who's going to count?

Ok i was about a 16th of my way through some clues.
        What we have so far are:

1. released circa late 80's on non-consoles, various 8bit/16bit and PC

2. naff emergancy clue about being abducted by aliens and needing to get home.

3. A different kind of clue - a musical .wav file that you will need to run through MediaPlayer to get it to work. (i'll add it again at the bottom)

4. The mentioned tune you may hear in a pub in the game.

That was more or less where it was at

new one

5. You start with nothing but your guile?

[I just love that music - i'v only just discovered it after like 15+years!]
        Attached Files
        Last edited by child of Thor; September 22, 2003, 16:04.
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Buck Rogers??

What kind of game is it (ADV, D&D)???

PS I cannot believe that I thought music like that on a computer was the coolest thing ....ever!!
          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
            Yeah CoT has one going.

Btw ADG you should add up the correct answers from the previous thread so I can see how much I won by.
            Would be interesting

Though I wont have time enough to do the counting before weekend, so if someone else feels the urge to do it...
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Nope not Buck Rogers

And music like that is STILL the coolest ever .....just love those chip sounds. On that particular file i cant tell if the end part of the song is just degredation of the source(sort of like an old scratchy record) or just the 'orchestra' warming down!

Hmmm.....i wont post much more info just yet, and i finish work in 30mins.

Maybe just one more clue - at the time the word 'revolutionary' was used to describe many aspects of the game.

Maybe you could all just sleep on it - maybe play the music while you sleep I'm sure those clues must jolt a memmory somewhere
              Last edited by child of Thor; September 22, 2003, 16:36.
              'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Comment

CoT:

Can't play the .wav file, but the other clues gets me to thinking its a game I used to play on the C64 - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Comment

The only Game with Aliens I remember is Zak Mac. there wasnt that Alien Hype yet in the good ol' Days ;=)
                  But then.. the Music dont fits and I have no Clue what a guile is and my Transtalor doesnt know either.
                  Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Suppose you are inside the Matrix.

How can you tell if the reality around you is real or alternate?

Comment

I try the Chicken.
                      Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Btw there is no link to the old thread. Rectified:

Comment

@ Dale,
                          You will need Mediaplayer set as you main .wav player, winamp doesn't like it apparantly
                          And no, its not Hitch Hickers.

@ Main_Brain,
                          Another word you could use for 'guile' could be 'cunning', or 'wits', or a less perfect word would be 'intelligence'.
                          And no, it's not Zak Mackraken(sp?).

@ ljcvetko, that is a good point - maybe we'll never know?

Ok another clue:

is the attached graphic from the unreleased Amiga version It did come out on the Atari ST though.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by child of Thor; September 23, 2003, 14:14.

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor

@ ljcvetko, that is a good point - maybe we'll never know?
                            Does this mean the game in question is not Alternate Reality ?

Comment

Originally posted by ljcvetko

Does this mean the game in question is not Alternate Reality ?
                              and i thought you were just being off-topic - too cryptic for me

And yes we have a winner! It was Alternate Reality, here's a good website about it - it also has more music files to listen too (and they might just work in winamp as i won't have tainted them with my mediaplayer!).

AR link

your go ljcvetko

Comment

Working...
                              X