Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I do with my copy of Rail Baron?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I do with my copy of Rail Baron?

I found my copy of Rail Baron today. It's in very good condition, only slightly played (about 3 or 4 times). Since I couldn't find anybody to play the game with me in the last 5 years or so, that means I probably won't in the near future.

Should I sell the game on eBay or should I keep it? How much is the market price for it now?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

I don't think old games sell very well, but you may be surprised. A quick look on eBay should let you see just how much of a market there is for these types of things. Still, you may be able to buy an ale from the proceeds.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

You are turning into a dwarf!

Holy smokes! The highest bid is now over $56!
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Give it to Ming as a gift.
        It will guarentee it ends up in a good home where it will be used until it's worn out.

$56 bucks, wow. With that type of demand it's surprising that they haven't done a rerelease.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
          highest bid is now over $56!
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
            The highest bid is now over $56!
            It's now at $76.

Comment

More proof that it should probably be reprinted.
              AND a better reason to see if I can find any additional copies somewhere and make a tidy profit.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If only I'd known this, I'd have bought 20 copies 12 or so years ago

Oh well.

Asmodean
                Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I would have bought 40
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So would I, but I didn't have the cash for 40 copies at that time. Come to think of it, I didn't have the dough for 20m but that's beside the point

Asmodean
                    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Maybe, next week, I'll stop at the one game store that still had copies last year.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Looking to make a quick buck, rah?

It sold for $76, BTW

Asmodean

Comment

Remember, flooding the market decreases profit rapidly.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Yeah, so we need to coordinate our sales

Comment

76, wow, I'm impressed.
                              But I'd have to find more than one or two games because if that's all we find, we'd keep them.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X