Sid Meier's Pirates! Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sid Meier's Pirates! Website

No...it's not up yet. But there's a pretty good chance that it'll be called www.pirates2.com. Here's why:
    Attached Files
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Great popups
    Blah

Comment

Even if they weren't going to call it pirates2.com (which they probably will), Infogrames would have bought up the domain name anyway to stop anyone else using it - and to make that URL redirect to whatever other official site they're using.
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Too bad for fansites, eh?

Comment

Well, the exact same thing, up to the date, goes for

2K publishes titles in today's most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.

So, I suppose what Infogrames did on Feb 21 was buy off all the domains that may deal with Pirates!
          XBox Live: VovanSim
          xbox.com (login required)
          Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
          Spore page

Comment

Hmmm....why not:

or even

www.sidmeierspirates.ru

Asmodean
            Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by vovansim
              So, I suppose what Infogrames did on Feb 21 was buy off all the domains that may deal with Pirates!
              /me is always right.
              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean
                www.sidmeierspirates.ru
                That would prevent all russians named Sid Meier from making a pirates clone.
                XBox Live: VovanSim
                xbox.com (login required)
                Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                Spore page

Comment

Or how about www.sidmeierspirates.co.nz?

This could be a New Zealand site that has a whole bunch of Sid Meier's games that have been pirated.

Oh...hold on...have I misunderstood something here?

I think my fate might be

Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
                  Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by vovansim
                    Well, the exact same thing, up to the date, goes for

2K publishes titles in today's most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.

Thou shalt not use any .net TLD for wesites other than ones dealing with Net infrastructure.

This is one of the Commandments of the Net.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Wow you guys are really bored.

Comment

Nah...not bored. Just posting about "other games".

Asmodean

Comment

Thou shalt not use any .net TLD for wesites other than ones dealing with Net infrastructure.
                          Yes! We all know that Apolyton is a vital part of the infrastructure of the Internet.
                          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

This is one of the Commandments of the Net.
                            And like most Commandments of the Net, it's widely ignored, since those who come down from the mountain with the stone tablets happily let parasitic scum grab up names with abandon and hold them off the market, thus making many .com TLD's unavailable to "real" businesses. And their arbitration procedures are crap, so don't even go there.
                            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I.e. the owners of ACS must be arrogant as they don't obey the actual TLD policies.
                              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Working...
                              X